Triage Nurse, RN Operational Support
Company: Virginia Hospital Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Title: Triage Nurse
Location: VHCPG Operational Support
Virginia Hospital Center Physician Group offers a true
collaborative practice environment in which physicians and staff
work closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual
respect to the task of providing superior medical care to our
patients. We encourage the career growth of professional staff with
a clinical advancement ladder from the highest levels of management
and throughout each department, Virginia Hospital Center works to
ensure that our staff can maintain the patient-centered focus for
which the institution is renowned. In addition, you'll find the
tools and technology needed to deliver the best possible medical
Purpose and Scope:
- Triages phone calls to the office
- Coordinates prescription refills
- Maintains test results communication protocols
- Supervises Medical Assistants
- Assists with patient care as needed
- A. Education: Current Virginia State RN license or eligible for
licensure. A current BLS certification.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is the only Hospital in the
mid-Atlantic region that is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care
Network (a national network of independent healthcare
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized
Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest
quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70
- Named a CMS 5-Star Hospital, in 2020, based on our performance
across seven areas of quality.
- Received a Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score of A for the 16th
consecutive grading period - one of a few hospitals in the country
to achieve this level of consistency.
- Achieved Magnet re-designation by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program.
- The only Northern Virginia hospital named to Newsweek's 2020
list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals.
- 2019 release of US News and World Report hospital rankings,
received the highest ranking possible ("High Performing") in the
following areas: Aortic Valve Surgery, Colon Cancer Surgery, Heart
Bypass Surgery, Heart Failure, Hip Replacement and Knee
- VHC is a 437-bed facility.
- Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continues to attract families
who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the
nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91
percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities
including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public
parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8
libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County,
or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have
little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested
in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient
is at the center of what we do.
HOW TO APPLY?
Click the APPLY button, and you will be redirected to our
website. Once you're on the website, please complete our 2-step
application process: 1. the online application and 2. the
electronic talent assessment (multiple-choice questionnaire).
In order for your application to be valid, your electronic
talent assessment must be completed and submitted. Applicants who
only complete the application without the talent assessment won't
Keywords: Virginia Hospital Center, Arlington , Triage Nurse, RN Operational Support, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!