MyChart Digital Solutions Analyst
Company: Virginia Hospital Center
Posted on: June 13, 2021
MyChart Digital Solutions Analyst
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right
people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations
by performing at the top-level of the profession. Virginia Hospital
Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true
collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works
closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to
the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The MyChart Digital Solutions Analyst will merge digital/virtual
solutions with healthcare operations.As part of the VHC IS
Division's Special Projects Team, the candidate will support VHC's
vision ofmaking healthcare more convenient, connected, and
coordinated for our patients.
The MyChart Digital Solutions Analyst understands healthcare
operational and clinical workflows,collegially interacts with
cross-functional teams, enjoys problem solving, and thrives in an
agileenvironment. They will help design, create, and deliver
solutions that enables VHC to meet patientswhere they are via web
and mobile options; ideally with integrations optimizing VHC's use
of our Epicelectronic medical record system, and augment our
patient toolkit with third party applications.
As a member of the VHC IS Division Special Projects team, the
MyChart Digital Solutions Analyst willdevelop solutions by
investigating processes to understand data and communications flow
withindividual tasks and transactions. The analyst typically
fulfills multiple roles throughout thedevelopment, implementation,
management, and on-going support of comprehensive business
andclinical information systems. Gains knowledge of the Epic EMR
software, as well as medical centeroperations and workflow, and
partners with the Epic project team's members to translate
businessneeds into EMR functionality.This individual participates
in the development of workflows, system configuration,
changedocumentation, and training staff application functionality.
Analyzes procedures and problems withinmanual/automated health care
systems; reports findings and when applicable recommends optionsfor
resolutions. Formulates system scope and objectives. Confers with
professional staff to ascertainspecific requirements and assists in
the completion of programming specifications. This requires
theindividual to stay current with the system and/or application as
well as interfacing with appropriatedepartmental contacts and
fellow analysts. Must employ excellent communication skills in
sharinginformation with users within department.
Works independently in completing project tasks and executing
the following tasks as part ofimplementation: building system
components; testing, documentation of workflows and other
projectinformation; implementation support and maintenance of Epic
and third party system software; buildsdata sets, master files and
reports; performs quality assurance and integrated testing and
releasesnew functionality to end-users; reviews vendor software
releases and updates; provides 24/7problem management support and
resolution for clinical systems. In addition this position
requiresthe ability to interact with clients and demonstrate
critical thinking and follow through whendeveloping solutions to
The MyChart Digital Solutions Analyst is responsible for
establishing credibility at all levels of business and clinical
operations and builds problem-solving partnerships with customers
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package
includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental
insurance, and 401(k)
- Bachelor's Degree in a health, science, or business field, or
an equivalent level of professionalexperience desired.
- 1+ years industry related experience in an IS setting
(Healthcare/Health Services, InformationServices) or within
applicable area in healthcare operations, with experience in
informationapplications, including performing programming or
applications analysis, or equivalent desired.
- 1+ year EHR experience either as analyst or end user desired.
- Experience educating staff on the use of applications,
preferably in a healthcare environment, ishighly desired.
- Experience in project planning and procedural analysis
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, especially
active listening and writing.
- Working knowledge of desktop computers and office applications
(e.g., Microsoft Word, MicrosoftExcel, and Microsoft Outlook).
- Epic Certification to be obtained within 6 months.
- Knowledge in the development and/or maintenance of online
healthcare platforms such as patientportals and mobile apps.
- Proficient in all aspects of design, development and testing
and best practices of enterpriseapplication implementations.
- Knowledge of a variety of hardware and software environments
and of the healthcare industry. Epichealthcare applications
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in developing complex software
- Knowledge of implementation process standards and all phases of
testing: unit/functions, system,integration and user acceptance
- Knowledge of health care operations and structure, general
requirements and use of informationsystem applications in the
practicing health care environment (both outpatient and inpatient)
- Proficient in complex troubleshooting and problem solving,
performing root cause analysis on development and production
support related issues.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of applications and
integrated tools used to complete thebusiness cycle.
- Advanced understanding in the design, development and/or
maintenance of Electronic MedicalRecord systems.
- Ability to acquire knowledge through research or self-training
where needed for effectiveimplementation.
- Ability to identify key business processes to validate and or
re-engineer for optimum integration.
- Demonstrated ability to apply business analysis tools, and plan
and manage actions in response tochanging business needs.
- Ability to respond to changing demands, priorities, procedures
- Ability to provide subject matter expertise in relationship to
- Ability to independently prioritize work assignments, meet
deadlines and manage multiple projectsand/or priorities.
- Ability to perform and teach analysis and problem solving
principles with emphasis in user relations,data gathering
techniques, and management information applications to IT staff is
required. Able toteach application functionality, design standards,
process changes to the end user community
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Demonstrated ability to work with and facilitate
- Ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts,
maintain issues lists and help manage a projectplan
- Effective customer service skills, with the ability to work
with all levels within the organization andwith external
- Ability and interest to learn the software and increase their
knowledge over time.
- Ability to teach a project team of analysts, end users and
consultants skills required to coordinatedaily activities, delegate
responsibilities, tasks and review/validate work.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary
to advise and consult with userpersonnel and make formal
presentations of project findings and recommendations.
- Excellent organization skills; demonstrates confidence and
- Adheres to applications security and control procedures in
accordance with departmental, vendorstandards and regulatory
- Knowledge of application environments including production,
test and interfaces is preferred.
- Eagerness to learn the system and promote it within the
- Demonstrated experience and proven expertise in problem-solving
and debugging techniques.
- Demonstrated ability in specification development, quantitative
methods, system documentationand change management.
- Proven ability to effectively use vendor-provided and/or other
computing tools to tailor systems andapplications to meet
specifications and user requirements.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in the analysis of task requirements, data
collection, report details, and other technicalissues associated
with the development and support of Epic applications. Proficient
at specifyinguser requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards to support
- Strong problem and issue resolution experience.
- Strong project management experience preferred, experience in
information technology as abusiness analyst or systems analyst in a
medium to large organization with multiple
- Proven communication skills with internal and external
installation and support teams, reviewingsoftware upgrades,
software testing analysis, analyzing business operations and
workflows, andworking with vendor and end users to tailor systems
to organizational needs.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability
to communicate complex technicalissues in terms clearly understood
by technical and non-technical audiences.
- Master the functionality of MyChart and third-party
applications to understand capabilities andhow they relate to end
user experience and desired outcomes.
- Reviews and understands system options and specifications in
applications; and utilizes thespecifications as applicable to make
recommendations on use.
- Works with end users and report writers to ensure all
operational and regulatory reporting needsare met including reports
necessary to manage and maintain application use and identify areas
- Troubleshooting problems and questions from end users.
- Coordinating all issues that arise in their application
- Performing in-depth analysis and documentation of current
state/future state workflows, datacollection, report details, and
other technical requirements associated with Epic and
- Understanding the choices involved in application
- Reviewing software and analyzing new functionality in releases
to determine how it should beused.
- Coordinating and implementing software upgrades and requested
changes to the system.
- Design, validate and confirm new or changed functionality with
the document managementenvironment that meets customer
specifications. Validates the designing for each
applicationassigned, under the control of the change management
application and user development request.
- Understand and translate the business functionality into ECM
configuration and workflowvalidations.
- Work closely with business users and application team to
design, build and execute acomprehensive integration and user
acceptance test plan and scripts. Coordinates development
ofapplication testing scripts and conversion plans. Makes
recommendations and provide alternativeswith regards to various
development and support initiatives.
- Makes recommendations and provide alternatives with regards to
various development andsupport initiatives.
- Participates in determining estimated costs, time frames,
staffing requirements and prepares costjustifications for assigned
- Uses status reports for project oversight.
- Responsible for and oversees day to day tracking and follow-up
on issues and questions of dailyoperations. Proactively identify
impact of changes upon other applications and
- Serves as point of contact for resolution of complex
- Provides complete documentation of all tasks and projects;
develops and maintains specificationsaccording to departmental
standards; and prepares training documentation.
- Writes scope statements, defining size and planning parameters
of complex projects or multiplegroups of tasks with minimal
- Orients, mentors, and transfers knowledge to staff.
- Evaluates and instructs/teaches others.
Keywords: Virginia Hospital Center, Arlington , MyChart Digital Solutions Analyst, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!