Principal Solutions Architect - High Performance Computing
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you passionate about cloud computing and its potential to
overcome some of the biggest challenges in High Performance
Computing (HPC)? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical
knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you
enjoy tackling large analytical problems as massive scale? Amazon
Web Services (AWS) is seeking an HPC-focused Solutions Architect to
work with our Government and commercial customers to craft
As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations
understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions,
and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have
the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build
mind-share and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The
ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record
of customer obsession and delivering results. The ability to
connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a
solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to
think strategically about business, products, and technical
challenges in HPC.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable,
low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical
applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190
countries around the world.
- Design Customer Solutions Collaborate with the wider AWS teams
to help customers and partners architect HPC Solutions that
leverage AWS Services
- Engage with Solution Architects, Account Managers, Professional
Services, and Partners to define an HPC Engagement strategy for AWS
operational territories and key accounts, with emphasis on
tightly-coupled workloads in large-scale HPC systems.
- Thought Leadership - Provide thought leadership on solutions
that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes
the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS
Compute Blog, whitepapers and reference architectures, as well as
internal training of Solutions Architects, Professional Services
Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
- Serve as a key member of the business development and
accounting management team in helping to ensure customer success in
building and migrating applications, software and services on the
- Assist solution providers with the definition and
implementation of technical and business strategies.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide
AWS solution architect community
- Understand AWS market segments, and industry verticals.
- Understand and exploit the use of internal business support
- A Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, physical
or life sciences or related discipline
- 7+ experience with tightly-coupled high performance computing
systems in Life Sciences, Engineering, Manufacturing, and
- 7+ years designing technology solutions for HPC
- Demonstrated expertise optimizing large-scale super computing
- An advanced degree (MS or PhD) in computer science,
engineering, physical or life sciences or related discipline
- Working knowledge of HPC schedulers and distributed/parallel
file systems, underlying IT systems, and the HPC development
process, high throughput and tight coupling approaches
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as
well as the ability to work effectively across internal and
external organizations and virtual teams.
- An understanding of the cloud computing delivery model as it
relates to HPC
- Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as
Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
- Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as
consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
- Understanding of application, server, and network security
- Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of
business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
- Experience working closely with US Government research centers
and optimizing internal HPC software for performance.
- An active US Security clearance would be beneficial.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Arlington , Principal Solutions Architect - High Performance Computing, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!