Business Development, Federal Civilian -- AWS Government Regions, Level 6
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT
industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm
shift in computing and the AWS GovCloud (US) team is looking for an
experienced Business Development Manager to join our fast-paced
organization. As a business development manager for AWS GovCloud
(US), you will have exciting opportunities to grow and expand the
AWS GovCloud (US) customer and partner-base across the US Federal
Civilian market segment. In this role, you will be focused on
leading growth for citizen engagement/citizen services
mission-oriented agencies and programs within the federal
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of cloud
computing; possess a background in partner and business
development; and have proven results with introducing a product
into new markets. Candidates must also have a demonstrated ability
to think strategically about business, product, and technical
challenges, with the skill-set to dive deep and tactically drive
business development programs. Candidates are expected to have the
ability to write and convey compelling customer value propositions
and business case/financial proposals. Through your work across
AWS, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth,
customer and partner onboarding, and overall adoption of AWS
As an AWS GovCloud (US) Business Development Manager, you
- Research, identify and develop strategies to expand business in
untapped markets and customer domains for the AWS GovCloud (US)
region; including creation of new capabilities and solution sets to
meet customer requirements and address emerging trends.
- Identify specific customer segments, industry verticals and
partner markets to approach with targeted value propositions and
business case proposals leveraging the AWS GovCloud (US)
- Identify key industry segments and work with the AWS sales and
partner development teams to introduce the AWS GovCloud (US) region
to customers and partners.
- Define, develop and manage GovCloud-focused AWS programs and
initiatives tailored to specific markets and customer
- Research and develop business cases to support detailed product
feature requests in the AWS GovCloud (US) region.
- Collect, create, and manage the creation of sales collateral to
facilitate the business development process.
- Work collaboratively to develop and execute the sales/business
development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g.
AWS GovCloud (US) PMO, sales, legal, support, etc.).
- Work across AWS marketing and other business development teams
to develop new campaigns, programs, and go-to-market initiatives
for the AWS GovCloud (US) region.
- Monitor customer onboarding and adoption; develop approaches to
increase adoption, revenue growth rates and workload retention
rates of AWS GovCloud (US).
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to
furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led
affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters
globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual
and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on
Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity)
conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our
14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse
perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about
how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow
you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We
believe striking the right balance between your personal and
professional life is critical to life-long happiness and
fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage
you to find your own balance between your work and personal
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad
mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an
environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We
care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based
on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded
professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the
- 8+ years of a combination of business development, sales,
and/or product management experience, specifically for solutions
focused on the US Federal Civilian market.
- 5+ years experience with FedRAMP, DOD SRG, ITAR, DFARS and
other compliance/security regimes germane to AWS GovCloud
- Solid understanding of cloud computing and the public
- Strong presentation, verbal communication, written skills and
the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional
- Bachelor's degree is required; concentrations in either
business or computer science preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail along with
the ability to multi-task and prioritize well in a fast paced,
dynamic work environment.
- Strong analytical orientation; comfort using databases and
analytical tools and making data-based decisions, particularly
customer relationship management tools.
- Strong technical competency in the areas of cloud computing,
web services and enterprise software.
- Experience working within the systems integration/consulting
services and/or enterprise software development industry.
- Ownership oriented; ability to internalize goals and create
appropriate action plans.
- Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems
and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly
evolving industry and business organization.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering
your quality bar.
- Self-motived and a strong bias for action; willingness to roll
up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team
- Business Development and/or Technical Program Management
experience leading federal IT and application modernization
programs; DHS, Commerce, Department of State, and/or NARA agency
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Arlington , Business Development, Federal Civilian -- AWS Government Regions, Level 6, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!