Senior Applied Scientist
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Amazon's global talent is incredibly complex with unique
problems to be solved for each line of business. Global Talent
Management (GTM) is centrally responsible for managing and evolving
Amazon's human capital through intelligent talent products and
processes. GTM Science is a growing interdisciplinary science team
within GTM that develops science products and services to
facilitate Amazon's growth and development of talent across all of
our businesses and locations around the world.
Our vision in GTM Science is to use machine learning and science
to scalably solve organizational challenges focused on talent
movement, talent differentiation, employee-role matching, promotion
processes, organizational design and succession planning, diversity
and inclusion, and new areas that address the evolving needs of our
diverse employee base.
We are looking for an experienced machine learning scientist to
work on talent science products that draw from a range of fields
such as algorithmic fairness, supervised and unsupervised learning,
recommendation systems, machine learning on graphs, reinforcement
learning and others on rich and novel datasets. The role has high
visibility to senior Amazon business leaders and involves working
with other scientists, and partnering with engineering and product
teams to integrate these models into production systems.
As a senior applied scientist in GTM Science, you will have the
opportunity to lead exciting problems in one of the most innovative
applications of science in the People Experience and Technology
space. You will help to solve high impact business problems in an
unconventional domain, and be encouraged to patent and publish your
contributions. If this kind of work excites you, reach out to us to
find out more!
- Participate in scoping and planning of GTM's science
- Design and execute science-based product ideas and features,
project plans and communicate with stakeholders.
- Develop fair predictive models to understand important business
and people-centered outcomes
- Productionize ML and science models at the scale of Amazon
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Electrical
Engineering, Economics or related fields
- 5+ years of experience applying statistical/ML models in
large-scale production applications
- Skilled in Python, R or similar scripting language
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge and practical experience in more than one of the
following areas: machine learning, algorithmic fairness,
statistical inference, causal modeling, reinforcement learning,
Bayesian methods, predictive analytics, decision theory,
recommender systems, deep learning, time series modeling
- Demonstrated use of modeling and optimization techniques
tailored to meet business needs.
- Track record of solving ambiguous problems and delivering
complex software systems to customers
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills and
ability to convey scientific concepts to non-technical business
- Highly adaptable, creative, and thrives in a fast-paced work
- Deep experience in several of the above areas and experience
with libraries such as Tensorflow/MxNet/PyTorch
- Track record of publishing in premier journals and
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full
software development life cycle (i.e., coding standards, code
reviews, source control management, build processes, and
- Familiarity with AWS and knowledge of distributed
- Experience with customer or employee sentiment data
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Arlington , Senior Applied Scientist, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!