Company: Department of Defense
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position is part of the Organization of the Joint Chiefs of
Staff. The incumbent will be responsible for tracking and providing
personnel management for general/flag officers currently serving in
joint positions within the Department of Defense and the Office of
the Secretary of Defense.
Learn more about this agency
As a REQUIREMENTS SPECIALIST at the GS-0301-13 some of your
typical work assignments may include:
- Responsible for database management and manpower governance in
the General/Flag Officer (G/FO) Matters Office.
- Serves as the developmental lead for database-related special
projects and coordinates as required to fully implement
- Manages more than 400 active/reserve component joint G/FO
- Manages joint databases including the Fourth-Estate Manpower
Tracking System (FMTS) and the Joint Duty Assignment Management
Information System, (JMIS).
- Builds, verifies accuracy, and staffs the Quarterly Joint Pool
Update for review by the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and
the Secretary of Defense.
- Develops tracking and briefing products using FMTS and
Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Prepares and processes G/FO actions, including nominations,
curtailments, and promotion selection board results.
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
- Office Secretaries
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary
- Work Schedule: Full Time
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- Recruitment Incentives: May be Authorized
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Financial Disclosure: Not Required
- Telework Eligibility: This position is situationally telework
- Employee must obtain/maintain a Critical Sensitive (Top Secret)
- Drug Testing Designated Position: Yes
You may qualify at the GS-13, if you fulfill the following
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade
level in the Federal service:
- Managing and developing personnel management databases.
- Developing informative products using Microsoft Office
applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; Strong
interpersonal and organization skills; Demonstrated ability to
- Applying knowledge of the organization and operations of the
Department of Defense.
- Applying knowledge of laws and policies governing Active and
Reserve Component, joint (Army, Navy, Air Force, Space Force, and
Marine Corps) General/Flag Officer (G/FO) management.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized
experience for this grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and
skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification
Keywords: Department of Defense, Arlington , Requirements Specialist, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!