Biotechnology Subject Matter Expert, TS/SCI
Company: AMERICAN SYSTEMS
Posted on: June 13, 2021
WANTED: A Biotechnology Subject Matter Expert with demonstrated
experience in cutting edge technology, engineering, analysis of
alternatives, capability management and demonstration (including
technology transfer), technical demonstrations and evaluations, and
requirements analysis. The SME can demonstrate specialized skills
in Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E),
including the areas of 5G, AI, autonomy, FNC3, microelectronics,
quantum science, hypersonic, directed energy, cyber and space.
As a Biotechnology Subject Matter Expert you will:
- Work to evaluate and secure cutting-edge technology essential
to the modernization of national strategy in defense.
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs
with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a Biotechnology Subject Matter Expert:
- Develop and coordinate concepts and requirements for the
application of current and emerging technologies as they apply to
DoD's R&E program.
- Maintain and update Biotechnology modernization roadmaps,
coordinate roadmaps with key stakeholders.
- Assist and prepare presentations and reports to DoD leadership
and outside DoD.
- Track the department-wide budget for efforts aligning with
- Assist, prepare and conduct meetings for Biotechnology
- Conduct biotechnology research analysis for future warfighting
- Provide programmatic expertise to the Government from system
concept definition through technology transfer activities.
- Make recommendations to the development of Concepts of
Operations (CONOPS) pertinent to mission needs and technical
- Assess and advise on Joint Capability Technology Demonstrations
(JCTD) requirements, capabilities, limitations, and constraints as
they pertain to defense mission resilience and national
- Represent USD R&E on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and
participate in Government-approved conferences and forums in
addition to specific USD R&E projects.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government
services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to
complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide.
Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and
innovation we deliver excellence every day.
- Forbes National Best Midsize Companies 2021
- Energage National Best Workplaces, National 2021
- Washington Post Best Workplaces, 2021
Veteran Hiring Awards:
- U.S. Department of Labor Hire Vets Medallion
- BEST FOR VETS by Military Times
- TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
- 20 years' experience in Biotechnology working in either
Government or Industry and at least 3 years of post-doctoral
- PhD in Systems Biology; Chemistry; Material Science or
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Experience in a DoD Lab/Facility desirable
- Previous experience with Department of Defense RDT&E
mission and processes.
- Previous experience in engineering, analysis of alternatives,
integration, requirements, and testing.
- Previous experience with biotechnology programs.
- Experience with Cross-Domain Solutions.
- Excellent writing, communication and briefing
Keywords: AMERICAN SYSTEMS, Arlington , Biotechnology Subject Matter Expert, TS/SCI, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!