We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that
benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple,
smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships
and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals,
financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their
greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture
and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We
cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects
their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that
our differences enable us to be a better team - one that makes
better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business
Manager, Software Development Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments
sector. We power payments and provide products and services for
individuals and industries all around the world. Our people,
technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our
success. We believe in connecting people to priceless
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills,
experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By
building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have
once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a
greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to
join our team to find out how you too can start something
Mastercard's Commercial Solutions team is a rapidly growing
organization with responsibilities to deliver innovative solutions
to help our customers grow and expand their business. Focused on
thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this dynamic team
is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global
customer base. We are seeking a Software Development Manager to
lead a cross-functional development team within the Commercial
Software Development Managers at Mastercard are an essential
part of our organization. They are focused on two main areas:
people leadership and product delivery. Their time is spent hiring,
mentoring and coaching a world-class cross-functional team and
owning the full lifecycle of their teams' products. While much of
your time will be spent assisting your team, we expect that you
can, and will, dive into code and build features.
- Hire, lead, mentor and coach a team of software, test and
- Build a culture of trust, ownership and purpose.
- Build performant, scalable and secure web applications.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction on systems and web
application architecture and system design.
- Focus on user-centered design.
- Participate and drive design, technical and code reviews.
- Implement coding standards and approaches.
- Promote an Agile approach to software development. Insist on a
culture of continuous integration and delivery, automation and
minimizing blast radius.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to mitigate risk
and resolve dependencies.
All About You:
- Successfully designed and developed externally facing web
applications utilizing modern single page application
- Proven success leading and building teams, performing
performance reviews and coaching employees.
- Possess an understanding of multi-tier web development;
including knowledge of server-side technologies and databases.
- Have proficiency in Quality engineering and experience working
with Quality leads to define processes and technologies.
- Passion for improving code quality using approaches such as
unit and end to end testing.
- Deep knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery and
toolsets that provide this ability.
- Understanding of agile principles and methodologies and
experience implementing and adapting them to fit the team's
- Use and understand Git based source control systems.
- Previous experience in ADA and WCAG compliance.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home.
We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to
interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires
remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community
because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer
that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the
online application process, please contact
email@example.com and identify the type of
accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any
medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable
Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.