Company: Alex Alternative Experts, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Proven processes. Proven people. Proven performance by a
trusted, award-winning solutions provider and partner.
Title: Secretary I
Location: Arlington, VA
Clearance Level: None (Must be able to obtain & maintain
eligibility requirements for either a secret clearance or a public
This position provides principal secretarial support in an
office, sometimes to one individual but in most cases to the entire
office or program division. The Secretary maintains a close and
highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the
office supervisor and staff, works fairly independently receiving a
minimum of detailed supervision and guidance, and performs various
clerical and secretarial duties requiring knowledge of office
routine and an understanding of the organization, programs, and
procedures related to the work of the office. Computers exist in
the environment, requiring working knowledge of certain office
software programs. Duties include:
- Recurring office procedures independently and selects the
guideline or reference that fits the specific case.
- Receive specific instructions on new assignments and completed
work is checked for accuracy.
- Respond to routine telephone requests that have standard
answers; refer calls and visitors to appropriate staff.
- Control mail and assure timely staff response and send
standardized email correspondence.
- As instructed, maintain calendars, make appointments, and
arrange for meeting rooms.
- Review materials prepared for approval for typographical
accuracy and proper format.
- Maintain recurring internal reports, such as time and leave
records, office equipment listings, correspondence controls, and
- Supplies, printing, maintenance or other services, type, take
and transcribe dictation, create and maintain office files.
Additional administrative program support duties may include the
following: reserving and preparing classrooms, organizing training
materials (including duplication and/or photocopies, preparing name
tents, door signs, etc.), submitting service requests, assisting in
basic logistical arrangements, performing data entry on course
registration/enrollment, running reports, and providing general
administrative support to students, instructors, and guest
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Fluency in the English Language.
- Two to three years of experience in a related field.
- Superior organization skills with a high level of attention to
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to interact effectively in a multicultural
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to follow technical direction; work independently and
as part of a team.
- The ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office business
applications software sufficient to meet the needs of their
specific position (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Teams,
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Work experience in an educational or training institute.
- Skills or experience relevant to the particular training
division that the contractor is being proposed to support (e.g.
foreign language skills in SLS or regional experience in
Education and Certifications:
- High School Diploma Required, relevant Associates or Bachelor's
Keywords: Alex Alternative Experts, Inc., Arlington , Secretary I, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!