We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that
benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple,
smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships
and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals,
financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their
greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture
and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We
cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects
their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that
our differences enable us to be a better team - one that makes
better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business
Mobile Senior Software Engineer (iOS or Android)
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments
sector. We power payments and provide products and services for
individuals and industries all around the world. Our people,
technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our
success. We believe in connecting people to priceless
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills,
experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By
building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have
once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a
greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to
join our team to find out how you too can start something
Mastercard's Commercial Solutions team is a rapidly growing
organization with responsibilities to deliver innovative solutions
to help our customers grow and expand their business. Focused on
thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this dynamic team
is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global
customer base. We are seeking a Senior Software Development
Engineer, Mobile to be a part of a mobile application development
team within the Commercial Solutions organization.
- Build performant, scalable and secure native mobile
applications on iOS and or Android.
- Provide guidance and direction on mobile application
architecture and system design.
- Own the automated build and deployment process for mobile
- Guide and coach less experienced engineers.
- Focus on user-centered design.
- Participate in design, technical and code reviews.
- Implement coding standards and approaches.
- Promote an Agile approach to software development. Insist on a
culture of continuous integration and delivery, automation and
minimizing blast radius.
All About You:
- Successfully designed and developed mobile applications on iOS
and or Android.
- Deep experience with at least one of Java, Kotlin, Objective-C
- Possess an understanding of multi-tier application development;
including knowledge of server-side technologies and databases.
- Understanding of mobile application optimizations such
performance and memory optimizations, debugging memory leaks and
- Experience and knowledge of authentication and authorization
workflows using standards like OAuth.
- Have proficiency in Quality engineering and experience working
with Quality engineers to define processes and technologies.
- Passion for improving code quality using approaches such as
unit and end to end testing.
- Deep knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery and
toolsets that provide this ability.
- Understanding of agile principles and methodologies and
experience implementing and adapting them to fit the team's
- Use and understand Git based source control systems.
- Proven experience building ADA and WCAG compliant
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home.
We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to
interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires
remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community
because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer
that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the
online application process, please contact
email@example.com and identify the type of
accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any
medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable
Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.