Partner Development Manager - Public Sector
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Role is open to any location in the US
Would you like to own building the future for a leader in the
Cloud Computing business in the Public Sector? Would you like to be
part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of
Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging with key Public Sector
systems partners and solutions providers who are reinventing their
IT strategy by adopting and delivering cloud computing solutions?
Do you have the business savvy, business development experience and
the technical knowledge necessary to help further establish Amazon
as a leading cloud platform provider?
As an AWS Partner Development Manager, you will have the
exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to
build mindshare and adoption of Amazon Web Services in Public
Sector. Your mission will be to develop AWS awareness and adoption,
build AWS competency with partners across the United States. In
this role, you will establish deep business relationships with AWS
partners to successfully drive data led migrations . The ideal
candidate will possess a business background that enables them to
drive an engagement and interact at the executive level. He/she
should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically
about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the
ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. In
addition, a basic understanding of Cloud essentials is necessary to
be successful in this role.
This role will be to recruit and develop new partners who are
focused on data led migrations. You will be responsible for
identifying top prospective partners, accelerating their APN
journey and activating a focus around data led migrations. You will
work very closely with the AWS Partner Development Manager teams to
drive joint sales engagement, as well as strategically plan for
development of future opportunities and pursuits. Candidates should
also have strong industry experience and demonstrated the ability
to think and act strategically on the government customer mission,
industry directions, and partner/customer technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector Partner Team in
helping to drive data led migrations.
- Understand and navigate Public Sector contracting vehicles and
- Identifying top prospective partners, accelerating their APN
journey and activating a focus around data led migrations.
- Execute the strategic sales & business development plan while
working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service
teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work
closely with the internal development team to guide the direction
of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team
regarding progress and roadblocks to assigned targets.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to
furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led
affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters
globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual
and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on
Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity)
conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our
14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse
perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a
healthy balance between your personal and professional life is
crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't
focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead,
we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more
productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad
mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an
environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We
care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based
on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded
professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the
- BA/BS required or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of business development, program/product management,
professional technical services, enterprise sales, strategic
- 3+ years of experience with outsourcing or managed services,
preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in the technology
- Experience in customer facing roles leading large scale
transformation programs or extensive customer engagements.
- Experience in technology enabled consultative, delivery,
solutions, or business development roles focused on
- Experience in cloud technologies - deep understanding of public
and hybrid cloud platforms.
- Experience developing, implementing, managing and executing
field programs and resources
- Enterprise negotiation skills, and business and financial
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn
detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to
drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the
- Experience with, and detailed knowledge of managed services
market and insights related to cloud computing and IT.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
- MBA is highly valued as is a technical background with Computer
Science, and/or Engineering/Math background.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and
complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Arlington , Partner Development Manager - Public Sector, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!