Enterprise Architecture - Architecture - Advisor
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: June 11, 2021
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes
an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize
the nation's housing finance system while being part of an
inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will
help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise,
and make your career.
As an Advisor of Single-Family Acquisition Architecture,
you will be responsible for leading architectural decisions for the
Single-Family Acquisition domain which includes Loan Delivery &
Funding Custodial Services, Commitments, Loan Quality Management
and Single-Family Portfolio Cloud Migration.
You must have a deep understanding of technical
architecture and have implemented solutions in a cloud environment.
Knowledge of industry best practices around agile methodology and
architecture microservices patterns. Plus, experience with Domain
Driven Design practices. This role will report to the Vice
President of Single-Family Architecture and faceoff with the Vice
President of Fannie Mae’s Single-Family Core Platforms.
The Advisor will also need to have experience implementing
Technical/Deployment Architectures in the AWS suite of Services as
well as experience with Engineering Tools and capabilities in order
to solve inter-service communication, data hydration, application
security, platform resiliency etc. Strong interpersonal
communications skill is required.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Enterprise Architecture - Architecture - Advisor role will
offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working
alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following
- Position yourself as a trusted advisor to business teams and
partner with them to understand their requirements for cloud
- Provide recommendations to clients with respect to cloud
migrations and prepare technical implementation roadmaps for AWS
- Create application architecture, data architecture, deployment
architectures, functional design specifications and assist
with other project deliverables as needed.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on AWS that address
customers’ requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and
- Collaborate with other project teams and other laterals such as
Information Security, Compliance, Controls etc on technical
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 6 years
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 12+ years of progressive experience in solution architecture,
systems architecture and engineering, analysis and applications
- Expertise in implementing complex full stack solutions
including API, Micro-Services, Streaming etc. in large Enterprise
- Hands on experience leveraging object-oriented design patterns
and domain driven design principles
- Proficient with REST standards and best practices and hands-on
experience in developing RESTful APIs
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in working with AWS as a
solution architecture. Experienced with AWS VPC design and
Implementation, Cloud formation scripts, AMI, Consolidated Billing
for multiple AWS accounts
- Familiarity with Planning, Design, Road maps, POC
implementations for AWS Cloud technologies.
- Familiarity with leveraging ECS, EKS and Fargate services
- Familiarity with AWS database services such as PostgreSQL RDS,
- Expertise in designing solution architecture with a view
towards resiliency, availability and very comfortable in designing
Failover and Recovery strategies
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and technologies for IaC
such as Terraform
- Familiarity with designing logging framework for cloud watch
for all deployed apps.
- Should have designed & worked on Jenkins, Bitbucket, Docker,
Elastic Bean Stalk for DevOps teams.
- Good Knowledge of AWS services such as ELB, ElastiCache,
CloudWatch, CloudTrail, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, App Mesh
- Familiarity with maintaining ACL, Security Groups and firewall
- Should have developed sharing strategies for future scaling and
- Should have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related
field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- AWS Certifications will be preferred
- Strong ability in communicating in writing or verbally,
copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Skilled in creating visual concepts, creating content, and
editing content by hand or with the help with computer software to
- Skilled in supporting, controlling, monitoring, and management
of large, complex, and sometimes geographically-dispersed IT
infrastructure and applications in order to optimize IT service
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to
ensure successful project completion.
- Expertise in service management concepts for networks and
related standards such as ITIL practices or SDLC.
- Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and
designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying
control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
- Working with people with different functional expertise
respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal.
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
The group of skills related to Operational Excellence including
improving and overseeing operations.
- Influencing including negotiating, persuading others,
facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict.
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience
in a way that is engaging and easy to understand.
- Experience using software and computer systems' architectural
principles to integrate enterprise computer applications such as
xMatters, AWS Application Integration, or WebSphere.
- Relationship Management including managing and engaging
stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship
networks, contracting, etc.
- Experience identifying and selecting strategic options, and
identifying resources to meet the defined objectives
- Skilled in Kubernetes to automate application deployment,
scaling, and management.
- Skilled in Visio
- Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development,
and networking platforms.
- Experience using JIRA
- Experience using Salesforce CRM
- Experience using VMWare
- Skilled in using Enterprise Architect
- Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
- Skilled in Docker
- Skilled in using storage software such as NetApp, Nimble, and
- Skilled in using PowerShell to automate tasks that manage
Microsoft operating systems and processes
- Skilled in ServiceNow to manage digital workflows
- Skilled in HOPEX
- Skilled in Excel
- Skilled in LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
- Skilled in Azure
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming
- Skilled in Java
- Skilled in Jenkins
- Skilled in XML
- Skilled in using virtualization software such as Microsoft
Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere, or Citrix XenDesktop
Business Portfolio Support Areas:
- Customer Relationship Management, Sale Enablement, Customer
Identify and Access Management.
- Home Affordability Management Program
Technical Support Areas:
- Cloud Migration (Replatfom)
- EUC Migration (Replatform & Refactor)
- SAS migration (Replatform)
- Architecture Strategy (Target State Roadmaps, Reference
Architecture and Service Decomposition)
- Architecture POCs
JOB REF ID: REF6047Z
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Arlington , Enterprise Architecture - Architecture - Advisor, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!