Tax Manager PM, Tax Integration
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Amazon Tax department is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic
environment. The Amazon Tax Reporting & Compliance team is seeking
a Project Manager with experience in process improvement, gathering
requirements, monitoring the activities and controlling the
progression of the project. The PM will engage with subject matter
experts across tax and potentially accounting, tech team members
across multiple groups, third party providers and other
stakeholders. This role will be part of a team that is driving the
delivery of solutions that standardize, optimize, and transform
processes that will scale as the volume of work increases as the
Successful candidates will have experience in project
management, working with tech teams, and overall knowledge of
finance (supporting either accounting or tax). The candidate will
need to be able to dive deep to uncover all critical project
dependencies and remove roadblocks to ensure a successful
development of a solution. A focus on bias for action will be
necessary to drive projects forward despite ambiguity. The
candidate will be responsible for preparing documents and
communicate to stakeholders and leadership on project updates and
to gain consensus and approvals, as required. This role will
operate with independence and be expected to demonstrate an ability
to collaborate and problem solve.
- Drive process improvements; enable streamlining to achieve
operational efficiencies, benchmarking, and development of
- Develop, organize and manage the project plan leveraging
existing tools. Document and communicate project status
periodically as required including preparation of materials to
share with leadership.
- Take the lead role with project owners, sponsors, and subject
matter experts to align on project and workstream objectives.
- Identify, collaborate with other functions and operationalize
efficiencies between the Finance functions and tax, within the
Reporting & Compliance team and across the tax org as
- Engage tax and finance members to collaborate on ways to
efficiently achieve results by leveraging technology.
- Document clear and actionable requirements coming from one or
more impacted functions and demonstrating a solid working knowledge
of requirements to project stakeholders and sponsors.
- Identifying areas of risk to the project scope or timeline, and
escalating to program leadership in a timely manner.
- Develop plans to remediate technical debt, manual processes and
non-value added time spent by teams.
- Lead the documentation of processes focusing on documenting the
tech solution, controls, and overall impact to the users.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and
- PMP or similar certification.
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and
metrics to determine improvement.
- Experience working with Finance, Accounting or Tax
- The ideal candidate will have the following experience working
in a complex, diverse, dynamic global organization in the
- Participating in innovative, game-changing teams, programs, and
- Delivering results amidst resource constraints and
- Assessing and leveraging technology to optimize performance and
- Communicating successfully across cultures, in writing and in
- Collecting and analyzing data, including developing and
reporting on metrics
- Experience with project management software, Excel, Word,
- Ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional
audiences and lead a meeting towards a decision.
- Degree in a business major, accounting, finance or tax
preferred with a high aptitude for technology.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -
Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Arlington , Tax Manager PM, Tax Integration, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!