Sr. Business Development Consultant - FDA focused
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: June 10, 2021
SAS is seeking a Sr. Business Development Specialist who brings
strong FDA domain knowledge. This person will aid and advise SAS'
understanding and partnership with the FDA. As a Sr. Business
Development Specialist, the candidate will deliver high-level
consulting to clients and colleagues using his/her regulatory
policy and life sciences knowledge. Candidates must possess direct
experience working with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or
experience working for a consulting firm that has closely partnered
with senior leadership at the FDA. This candidate will use their
life sciences knowledge and start-up company mindset to shape and
grow SAS within the FDA and deepen industry relationships.
Reporting to the Manager of Health Policy in U.S. Government,
the candidate will provide executive leadership for SAS within the
FDA and life sciences ecosystem. Responsibilities and functions
Planning and Supporting Business and Analytical
- Identify industry trends and sources of major disruption that
well-position SAS with FDA and commercial industry
- Develop industry specific strategies that enables the SAS
account management team to establish SAS as the preferred partner
for key advanced analytic platforms at the FDA. These strategies
will need to address what solutions are best suited for current and
future client needs.
- Articulate compelling SAS solution capabilities at the C-level
within the FDA and across organizational layers, as well as with
key life science clients
- Be the voice of the FDA at SAS, clearly articulate agency
goals, culture and processes to best explain how data and analytics
can drive the agency's mission forward
- Provide support and strategic guidance to SAS to develop new
partnership and collaboration strategies
- Working with the FDA and SAS team to identify needs and current
gaps in SAS' existing work at FDA.
- Identify competitive advances in the marketplace.
- Develop and maintain relationships with FDA and other key
- Assist with communicating the ability of analytics to assist
FDA in completing their mission and ensuring safety for the
- Provide insight into FDA culture and operations during
translation of business needs into analytical opportunities.
- Build a trusted relationship with the FDA to provide practical
and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution
and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Lead solution discovery meetings with FDA policy and business
staff along with SAS technical and analytical thought leaders to
collect, analyze, clarify, and develop solution goals, impacts and
- Assist in the strategic response to RFI/RFP's.
- Learning current SAS products, practices, service offerings and
resources that help position SAS within the FDA ecosystem and grow
new customer engagements and solution implementations.
- Understanding of enterprise level business process flows in
areas related to supported solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's preferred, in Statistics, Biology,
Analytics, Public Health, Business, Biostatistics or related
- Requires 6+ years of experience in the U.S. FDA and/or support
organizations; or 6+ years experience consulting to the FDA through
Accenture, Booz Allen or other consulting firms.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively to facilitate business
- Knowledge of the FDA, life science regulatory industry,
pharmaceutical companies, and/or Clinical Research
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work
collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
- Deep knowledge of current issues and trends with healthcare
data and how advanced analytics applications are being used and
changing industry, state and local government agencies
- Demonstrated experience in industry domain policies,
procedures, relationships and credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Ability to understand complex business information and
translate it to non-technical internal/external audiences.
- Past experience with federal contracting either as a
Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) or experience running a
federal contract as a contractor. Familiarity with FDA funding and
budgetary needs and culture.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may
be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of
this position will be determined based on the applicant's
education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the
order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job
functions may require access to technology or software subject to
export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS
may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants
for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at
www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified "sas.com" email
addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or
money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any
type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact
us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further
Keywords: SAS Institute, Arlington , Sr. Business Development Consultant - FDA focused, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!