On the Business Partnership (BP) Team within Finance Operations
(FinOps), you will find yourself working with exceptionally
talented and determined people committed to driving financial
improvement, scalability, and process excellence. To support the
growth of businesses at Amazon, our candidate must possess a strong
passion for accountability, setting high standards, raising the
bar, and driving results through constant focus on improving
existing and future state operations, systems, and processes.
This role on the Corporate BP team will be a key driver of
critical improvement initiatives, adopting a programmatic approach
to the continued development of the FinOps support model. This
includes driving ownership of key deliverables across these
businesses, tech teams, and other stakeholders in order to
implement scalable solutions. The role will use complex
problem-solving skills, manage multiple high visibility priorities,
and maintain a keen attention to detail and the ability to work in
a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations.
The ideal candidate will be able to think big to create a
long-term plan, but have exceptional tactical skills to drive
day-to-day implementation. They will be able to learn quickly and
be willing to experiment with new ideas.
Drive program objectives - provide program management and define
project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop
processes, documentation and communications for program/process
rollout and ongoing support.
Scale services and tools - design processes and procedures that
scale with the business' growth in volume, complexity, and global
Define key performance indicators - develop metrics and service
level agreements for core programs and processes, and track
delivery against program objectives.
Communicate new/updated programs, policies, and processes to
leaders, employees, and cross functional organizations.
Collaborate and build relationships with system and business
owners globally to ensure process excellence and the highest degree
Drive resolution of critical issues for vendors as well as
support processes/systems deep dives to ensure root cause analysis
and correction resulting in improved customer experience.
Negotiate efficient and reliable processes and policies across
partner teams to systematically eliminate dependencies and
Liaise with Financial Operations (FinOps) support centers to set
near, medium, and long-term operational goals for improvements.
Develop mechanisms to seamlessly support new program and tool
Identifying and quantifying financial and operational risks and
opportunities both internal to Finance Operations and to the
business, driving ad-hoc projects as required.
Work cross-organizationally and functionally to identify key
opportunities in process, technical, and human interfaces and
developing and implementing plans to capitalize on those
opportunities and measure and monitor success and impacts.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and
metrics to determine improvements
- 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional
- 7+ years of experience in program or project management
- 7+ years of experience managing teams
- 7+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and
- Program Management Experience
- MBA, PMP
- Experience in accounts payable, receivable and other financial
- Green Belt or Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma
- 3+ years of experience in process improvement or operational
- Experience in identifying and mitigating operational risk
- 3+ years of experience with data analytics tools
- Strong analytical acumen and being comfortable with drawing
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize quickly, organize
team dynamics and deliver results with a strong track record of
managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in a
fast-paced, often ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal skills;
ability to present to senior leadership
- Ability to create a compelling business case in writing