Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative
solutions in support of customer mission success. Novetta is
committed to cultivating a diverse, inclusive workplace culture,
embracing our differences and perspectives to build a stronger,
more successful company.
We are seeking a data minded Cloud Systems Engineer who is
excited to tackle data challenges related to national security.
This person will be motivated to work on data pipelines, cloud
infrastructure, and extracting valuable analytics from a multitude
of data sources.
- Leverage Amazon Web Services to build scalable data
- Extract intelligence and analytics from a variety of data
- Work with technologies such as Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL,
Docker and Swarm
- Design and build data services for consumption by clients and
- Academic degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science,
Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, etc.);
- 3+ years experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an
enterprise production environment.
- 3+ years of Linux experience of RedHat, CentOS, Scientific
Linux or similar Linux/Unix systems
- 3+ years of experience with system administrative scripting.
(bash, Python, etc)
- Ability to work outside normal business hours on rare occasions
for emergency maintenance.
- Experience implementing security best practices in production
- Experience with deploying and maintaining IT development and
automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Nexus, Jenkins, Gitlab etc)
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching
across functional borders
- Support mission-focused infrastructure to ensure performance
and availability of system and environment
- Schedule and coordinate system maintenance activities to reduce
impact to production environment
- Test changes in development environment before application in
- Experience with AWS infrastructure management and scaling
- Willing to learn new technologies and share knowledge with the
- Interested in identifying areas of improvement and ways to
continually improve the systems
- Interested in containerized workloads and microservices
- Interested in scaling systems on AWS
- Database administration (e.g. Oracle, Postgres,
- Strong understanding of security concepts including but not
limited to firewalls, encryption, identity management, and
- Experience with administration of LDAP
- TS Clearance with eligibility for SCI access
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure
technology solutions to address challenges of national and global
significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers
disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics,
full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and
multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal
Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA
with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards
of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success We strive daily to exceed expectations and
achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus We invest in our employees' professional
development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a
culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation We know that discovering new and innovative ways to
solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great
Excellence in Execution We take pride in flawless execution as
we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.