Iconics Engineer / Controls Engineer
Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Responsible for the design, configuration, and operation of HVAC
building automation and control systems and Iconics graphics
support. Accountable to support technicians with quality,
timeliness and efficiency of designs. Develops software programs,
graphics, commissions and troubleshoots to ensure proper operations
of the building control system. Provides detailed information and
submittals to communicate design and operation to customers,
consultants, field installation team and subcontractors.
Location: Pentagon (military experience not required).
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of paid time off per calendar
How you will do it
1. Designs and configures building control systems and Iconics
graphics as defined by the contract documents. Creates flow
diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts
and electrical schematics as required.
2. Develops and tests software programs necessary to operate the
system per the intent of the project requirements.
3. Coordinates the creation of necessary drawings and equipment
schedules for submittals and installation.
4. Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for
assigned projects. Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet
factory and project schedule.
5. Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and
network-level controllers as required. Assists in validation of
complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with
subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
6. Provides field change information to the project team for the
creation of as-built drawings and software.
7. Keeps management and contractors, or customer informed of job
progress and issues.
8. Assists in performing site-specific training for owner/operator
on the total building control system.
9. Participates in release meeting with project field team.
Performs value engineering to provide cost effective results while
maintaining customer satisfaction.
10. Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee
and subcontractor safety.
What we look for
1. Experience working with Iconics Gen 32 or Gen 64
2. Either a vocational school four year program certificate,
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field, or an Associate
Degree in Electronics, Mechanical systems, Computer Technology, Air
Conditioning, or equivalent experience
3. Three (3) or more years of industry experience in implementing
HVAC Building Automation Systems applications to include
programming, configuration, and visualization
4. Must be willing and able to complete JCI training course
C-7201-EN Metasys System Engineering and C-10122-EN Custom Logic
(Including Global Sequencer) @ CCT 10.1
5. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history,
employment, and credit check.)
1. Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage
building sub-systems using various industry protocols (i.e. LON,
BacNet, Modbus, etc).
2. Demonstrated experience working with Metasys Direct Digital
Control (DDC) system
3. Experience with programming and/or integration of HVAC
Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems.
4. Experience using SMP, SCT, and/or CCT
5. Industry experience creating SCT databases, custom programs,
schedules, trends, alarms, and programming modules.
Who we are
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100
years, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures
products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building
technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military
installations worldwide. The JCFS team is passionate about
designing, constructing, and maintaining energy, water, and utility
savings projects at various federal and military sites around the
If you’d like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the
systems and products we work with please check out our “take a
journey” video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative
action employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status,
status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other
characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view
EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you
require an accommodation during the application process, please
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Arlington , Iconics Engineer / Controls Engineer, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!