Senior Project Manager - Mechanical / Electrical / MEP
Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: June 10, 2021
What you will do
Planning, execution, and control of HVAC Mechanical projects and
related control systems. Ensures that assigned projects are done
accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of
contract. Maintains an effective balance between customer
satisfaction and project financial results. Coordinates
communication with the customer during all phases of the project.
Ensures proper execution of project. Provides work direction
to subcontractors, technicians, designers, and administration as
necessary. Ensures work performed is in compliance with
requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics.
Ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all
safety standards including internal safety programs and US Army
Corps of Engineers Safety & Health Requirements.
Location: Pentagon (military experience not
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of paid
vacation per calendar year
How you will do
• Acts as one of the primary on-site leaders for execution of teams
on assigned projects.
• Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for
• Evaluates the contractual scope of work. Actively pursues
additional work through change orders. Helps prepare and
approves cost estimates, contract terms & conditions, and technical
responses to client requests for bid/proposals. Communicates both
technical and business related issues with the clients.
• Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of
materials to be procured for the projects assigned. May request
several bids in pricing process. Responsible for
approving subcontractor payments. Coordinates all subcontractor
work thru JCFS Procurement who secures pricing and availability
from outside vendors and suppliers, mechanical and electrical
subcontractors including scope, terms and conditions, as well as,
oversee billing processes.
• Ensures mechanics and subcontractors complete typical HVAC
Preventative and Correction Maintenance actions using established
standards. Provides detailed information to communicate the service
being accomplish and completion criteria to customers.
• Ensures control technicians complete the loading, device
verification, and commissioning of all system controllers.
Validates complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems
with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
Provides accurate project as- build and commissioning
• Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the
client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
• Analyzes financial reporting system and project schedule to
proactively address potential problems. Effectively communicates
the status of projects to management as required and provides
monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin.
• Manages risk and establishes project recovery plans, when
required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
• Ensures project document controls/deliverables are in compliance
with contract requirements and JCI Standards
• Sends warranty info to JCI customer and ensures proper execution
• Develops project plans and coordinates the required resources to
ensure tasks are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget
and within scope of the contract.
• Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with
contractors, clients, consultants and
subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as
• Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee
and subcontractor safety.
What we look for
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical
Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related
field, or equivalent work related experience
• Management experience with projects related to HVAC equipment;
preferably with large central plants (chillers, boilers, etc)
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Must have
the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical
• Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office
(excel, word, powerpoint).
• Experience in dealing with a large and diverse number of
simultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of many different
• Proficient in Project Management software and financial
• The ability to obtain and maintain required
government security clearances/badges required. (This
involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Experience working with HVAC control systems
• Experience reading and interpreting government contracts
• Experience working with projects related to boiler equipment and
Who we are
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100
years, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures
products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building
technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military
installations worldwide. The JCFS team is passionate about
designing, constructing, and maintaining energy, water, and utility
savings projects at various federal and military sites around the
If you’d like to learn more about who
we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with
please check out our “take a journey” video on Youtube to learn
more. (Around 7 minutes long)
Johnson Controls is an equal
employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more
information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual
with a disability and you require an accommodation during the
application process, please visit
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Arlington , Senior Project Manager - Mechanical / Electrical / MEP, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!