Company: First Transit
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Lead Fleet Maintenance
Technician / Shop Foreman
First Transit, a leader in fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle
bus, and fleet maintenance services, is now hiring a Shop Foreman /
Technician In-Charge serving Arlington Transit
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages of $36 - $38 are based on experience &
qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Lead Fleet Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Schedule and administer fleet maintenance, assisting in
diagnosing and troubleshooting complex problems. Assign work to
technicians and maintain records of use, mileage, maintenance,
repairs and service.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all vehicle components to
effectively diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs.
- Road test vehicles to determine necessary repairs.
- Supervise technicians in shop. Make hiring and termination
decisions in concert with location management and human resources.
Conduct regular performance evaluations.
- Provide employee training and coaching.
- Conduct daily shop huddles and fleet walks.
- Ensure all repairs and maintenance are performed in a safe,
efficient, and timely manner following company procedures and
federal and state regulations.
- Oversee shop inventory to ensure necessary equipment and parts
levels are maintained. Order parts and subcontract repair work as
- Work closely with location management to provide status of
maintenance and budget requirements.
- Communicate availability of vehicles for service with dispatch,
maintenance manager and other operations employees.
- Monitor shop operational performance and efficiency and take
action to improve as needed.
- Perform hands-on work activities as required, including
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Lead Fleet Mechanic Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 3+ years of CNG or diesel repair employment experience or
combination of education & experience.
- At least 1 year of experience as lead technician, supervisor or
other management role preferred.
- Solid aptitude in planning and scheduling maintenance
- Advanced diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Strong experience with computers, web-based applications, and
- Good team-building skills.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading
provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million
passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500
dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the
US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: First Transit, Arlington , Technician In-Charge, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!