UX Designer - Loss Prevention
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Have you ever wanted to solve a mystery or be part of solving a
case? Are you fascinated by detective stories or crime shows on TV?
The Loss Prevention team investigates theft and fraud against
Amazon, working in ambiguity to identify these instances and
quickly mitigate or resolve them. Within Loss Prevention, the LEAP
team hosts a suite of internal LP customer interfaces used across
all of Amazon's sites and devices to support LP metrics,
engagement, communication and investigations. This position is part
of the LEAP team which is responsible for building the technology
that powers LP across Logistics, supply chain, fulfillment, retail
and other business. As a UX Designer or Senior UX Designer, you
will have a significant impact on the user experience for LP.
In this role, you will collaborate with a number of different
groups across the organization. You will work with product teams to
identify design goals and requirements, work with web developers on
implementation, and work with website leadership on design reviews.
The ideal candidate for this position will be customer-obsessed,
detail-oriented and comfortable working on highly technical teams
as well as able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced
As a UX Designer for Loss Prevention, your responsibilities will
- Relentlessly simplify and distill complex business processes
into intuitive and elegant UIs.
- Create process flows, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and
mockups to effectively communicate high-level design strategies and
detailed interaction behaviors.
- Drive the development and communication of design guidelines
and patterns, with focus on providing a consistent and intuitive
experience across the LP Portal
- Provide design leadership to technical teams by fostering a
shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between
design, business and technology through on-going application
- Be resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn
challenges into opportunities.
- 3+ years' of design experience
- An available online portfolio
- Experience in a variety of design tools such as Balsamiq,
Omnigraffle, Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, and Dreamweaver.
- Practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies,
usability principles, web-based information architecture and
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups,
prototypes, and style guides.
- Experience with communication across teams (presentation and
interpersonal) and analytical skills (ability to communicate
complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively
across different audiences and varying levels of the
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly
with developers for implementation of designs.
- Experience with agile/scrum
- Comprehensive understanding of the current state of web and
mobile design best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI),
or equivalent professional experience as an interactive/user
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience creating
great user-centered design solutions.
- Experience designing customer facing retail products.
- Familiarity with the technical considerations involved in
designing for complex systems.
- Proficiency with web and mobile design standards and
- Experience defining and maintaining design patterns and UX
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Arlington , UX Designer - Loss Prevention, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!