Nurse Practitioner, General Cardiology
Company: Virginia Hospital Center
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Title: Nurse Practitioner, General Cardiology
Schedule: Full Time
Location: Arlington, VA
Compensation: Competitive compensation
Requirements: Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner
program with current licensure to practice as a Nurse Practitioner
in the Commonwealth of Virginia
and 2 or more years of clinical experience working as a Nurse
The Virginia Hospital Center Physician Group cardiovascular
medicine practice is seeking an experienced and highly motivated
nurse practitioner or physician assistant to assist with the
rapidly growing TAVR and vascular medicine programs. Qualified
applicants will have had prior direct patient care experience in
the field of cardiology and/or vascular medicine. Responsibilities
will include clinical visits with valvular heart disease and
vascular medicine patients. This will include post-procedural
office follow-ups, medical management and clinical decision making,
and coordination of invasive and non-invasive procedures. Our
practice is located on the hospital main campus in Arlington,
- We offer a highly competitive compensation package.
- We promote a healthy work-life balance to include flexible
working hours and offer a generous benefit package including
malpractice coverage, health insurance, life, disability, 401K
match, generous CME, as well as other benefits.
- Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills are required as
well as the desire to be part of a team that functions at the
- Our practices are state of the art and fully equipped to
provide an excellent clinical experience.
- Our outstanding medical staff includes the full gamut of
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is the only Hospital in the
mid-Atlantic region that is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care
Network (a national network of independent healthcare
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized
Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest
quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70
- Named a CMS 5-Star Hospital, in 2020, based on our performance
across seven areas of quality.
- Received a Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score of A for the 16th
consecutive grading period - one of a few hospitals in the country
to achieve this level of consistency.
- Achieved Magnet re-designation by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program.
- The only Northern Virginia hospital named to Newsweek's 2020
list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals.
- 2019 release of US News and World Report hospital rankings,
received the highest ranking possible ("High Performing") in the
following areas: Aortic Valve Surgery, Colon Cancer Surgery, Heart
Bypass Surgery, Heart Failure, Hip Replacement and Knee
- VHC is a 437-bed facility.
- Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continues to attract families
who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the
nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91
percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities
including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public
parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8
libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County,
or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have
little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested
in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient
is at the center of what we do.
HOW TO APPLY?
Click the APPLY button, and you will be redirected to our
website. Once you're on the website, please complete our 2-step
application process: 1. the online application and 2. the
electronic talent assessment (multiple-choice questionnaire).
In order for your application to be valid, the electronic talent
assessment must be completed and submitted. Applicants who only
complete the application without the talent assessment won't be
considered.In addition to completing the application and assessment
candidates can also send a copy of their CV to Andrea Bell,
Director Physician Services Recruitment at
Search Terms: Northern Virginia, Nurse Practitioner, Internal
Medicine, Family Medicine, Primary Care, Physician Assistant, No
VA, Washington DC Metro region,
Keywords: Virginia Hospital Center, Arlington , Nurse Practitioner, General Cardiology, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!