Systems Development Engineer - Client Engineering
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Our team is part of the AWS organization that owns the Client
Management Systems, Application infrastructure, and Collaboration
tools globally for Amazon. We build complex multi-platform
solutions that help our customers get more done whilst improving
their user experience.
We are looking for Systems Development Engineer with a
Windows-focused infrastructure and development background. We are
using AWS products to evolve traditional enterprise tools and
services at a large scale. If you are passionate about AWS and have
experience automating large-scale Windows infrastructure
deployments, keep reading.
In this role, you and your team will directly influence the
Windows end-point management at Amazon. You will use native AWS
services, external 3rd party services and DevOps patterns to manage
a growing fleet of Windows client devices. We are looking for a
motivated team member to deliver results to our customers. This is
a hands-on position where your daily activities will range from new
system development to supporting the customers that depend on your
services. You will use AWS products and DevOps patterns to build
the next generation of Windows-based management tools.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to automation efforts for a team advancing a service
ownership culture with a primary focus on the Windows client and
AWS WorkSpaces platform
- Embrace the AWS ecosystem and drive innovation on top of
- Instill a culture that drives DevOps, holds a high-quality bar
with code reviews, drives automation efforts to empower, and
removes barriers for your team
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements
into detailed architecture and design
- Working with others on the engineering team to participate in
day-to-day development activities, contributing to architecture
decisions, participating in designs, design reviews, and
- Build services that can scale across hundred of thousands
clients used by Amazonians worldwide
- Deliver quality features on-time and on-budget and execution
against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Maintain current technical knowledge of rapidly changing
technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and work
with management and development teams to evolve current
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or
a related technical discipline
- 3+ years experience in automation via Python and/or PowerShell
- Experience in automating, deploying, and supporting large scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such
as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Solid software development background including design
patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms,
and relational & NoSQL databases
- Experience with fleet provisioning and configuration management
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline build processes.
- Experience building services using AWS products.
- Experience working in a high pace DevOps mindset culture.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and
complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Arlington , Systems Development Engineer - Client Engineering, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!