Information Assurance Engineer
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Xator seeks enthusiastic, positive, and proactive self-starters
to join our team. Our leadership aims to attract and retain the
best and brightest employees, maintain an environment built on
trust and pride, and encourage individual and team achievements. We
uphold ourselves to an exceptional professional standard of
conduct, setting ourselves apart from our competition.
Xator is dedicated to creating and maintaining a lifelong
learning environment. We encourage forward-thinking, innovation,
and out-of-the-box ideas in an inclusive environment. Our training
and continuing education programs allows us to constantly improve
services and deliver innovation to our customers. We invest in our
employees and they, in turn, advance our clients' mission.
Clearance Requirement: Active or Current TS with SCI
Serves as the Information Assurance Engineer (IAE) for CMP
systems and advises the TSC Branch Chief. Responsible for
overseeing/developing security plans, procedures, and documentation
for accreditation of CMP-based systems and networks. The IAE
collaborates in a team of developers and system engineers to
design, document, and implement security improvements across
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Interface with IA/ISSO colleagues from other programs.
- Create and maintain Authorization and Accreditation (A&A)
packages to include: System Security Plans, Contingency Plans,
Incident Response plans, SOPs, MOUs, and other accreditation
- Oversee communication and enforce security policies, procedures
and safeguards for all systems and staff, based upon NIST 800-53
Rev 4 or Rev 5.
- Provide guidance on all matters relating to information
security as a subject matter expert.
- Provide support for implementing, and enforcing information
systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Responsible for tracking/updating POA&Ms, running
vulnerability scans, configuring systems to meet Federal
Accreditation requirements, reviewing scan results, working with
system owners and managers to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Conduct periodic tabletop or drill exercises for Contingency or
Incident Response plans. Identify, report, and resolve information
security incidents and violations.
- Maintain awareness of emerging INFOSEC technologies to enable
the program's systems and users to quickly adapt to new
- Attend meetings with Chief Technical Officer (CTO) and work to
move documentation through the accreditation process.
- Assist with Technical Documentation needed for R&D for the
program.Interface with IA/ISSO colleagues from other programs.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science,
Information Assurance or similar field; with at least 2 to 5 years
of relevant work experience.
- REQUIRED: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Requires a minimum of two years of experience supporting
Federal Programs as a Cyber Security Analyst / ISSO or similar role
with a strong knowledge of NIST 800-53 Rev 4 or greater.
- Must have experience/knowledge in one or more of the following
Information Security disciplines: Wireless Technologies (WiFi),
Network Security, Computer Forensics, Physical Security, Government
Computer Systems, Firewall/Router Management, Security Project
Management, and/or Network Vulnerability Analysis.
- Must have the ability to communicate high level technical
knowledge to non-technical audiences.
- Must be familiar with Linux-based systems, Windows-based
systems and networking protocols.
- Desired Experience: Knowledge of current cybersecurity software
tools, similar to vulnerability scanners, Splunk, or Tanium.
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate knowledge of exploits,
attacks and tools used by skilled hackers.
- Domestic travel may be required for training and program
Keywords: Xator, Arlington , Information Assurance Engineer, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!