PPBE Data Analyst - Clearance Required
Company: Logistics Management Institute
Posted on: June 8, 2021
LMI is seeking an Operations Research Systems Analyst at
Headquarters, Department of the Army, G-4 at the Pentagon with
remote work options in accordance with CDC COVID-19 guidelines. The
Data Analyst will support Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and
Execution (PPBE) activities and be part of a team that includes Sr.
Data Analysts and Resource Management/PPBE specialists. The
candidate will extract and analyze data from various databases and
collaborative programs used within the G-4: Transparency Workbooks,
and the Future Years Defense Program (FYDP) Collaboration Tool,
CPROBE, CSUSTAIN, APMS, and CAMS. The candidate should be able to
extract relevant information from Planning, Programming, and
Budgeting Business Operating System (PPB BOS). The candidate must
be able to work autonomously, set high standards for personal
performance, have strong organizational skills, be detail oriented,
able to work with minimal guidance, and able to translate the
data/information to recommendations at the strategic-level that may
reach a 3-star/4-star GO/SES level. The position requires a DoD
Secret clearance. LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a
future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in
digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory
services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate
emerging technologies and are tailored to customers' unique mission
needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in
1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics
management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and
transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and
ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense
- Provide analysis of programming data for the Program Objective
Memorandum (POM) build, program reviews and Enterprise Business
System Reviews. Have the knowledge of Army fiscal data elements,
the purpose and relationship of the data elements to conduct the
data analysis, manipulation of data for analysis and the capability
to use MS Office products to combine data, summarize and produce MS
Excel products. This also includes the capability to pivot data,
use basic formulas, transfer data tables, relate data tables based
on common elements and develop presentations.
- Extract data from Army systems and provide analysis of data and
formulating displays of data. The Army sources include:
cPROBE/cSUSTAIN, Congressional Budget Justification Documents,
Business system review data, and the APMS. Data analysis includes
combining data from different systems, matching records and values
using Microsoft Access and Excel, assessing funding profiles
against historical funding profiles, current profiles and
identifying RDTE and Procurement profiles that are not
- Perform work set verification analysis at MDEP and root level
to ensure balance in cPROBE. This includes ensuring work sets that
require a zero balance and those that require meeting a target
value in SS PEG guidance.
- Perform bill payer analysis to balance bills against bill
payers across portfolios. This includes ensuring the justifications
and impacts are sufficiently detailed to provide what is supported
by the additional funding and the impact of the reductions in terms
of procurement quantities, acceleration impacts, reduction impacts
and impact on the operational force.
- Perform analysis to identify deltas at the KEY5 level in
cPROBE/ cSUSTAIN. This includes assessing the audits for new
positions and identifying unplanned decrements and increases not
submitted by the SS PEG in previous work sets and validation that
work sets submitted were posted to PROBE.
- Provide draft taskers based on G-4 tasking guidance for SS PEG
and the FYDP Review for approval by G-4 government lead.
- Perform data integrity checks. This includes ensuring records
are complete for fiscal code.
- Assist with quality control of Director, Quarterback, Champion,
Chair, and Co-Chair Reviews, and provide reports of analysis. The
contractor shall attend all FYDP Review workbook kickoff meetings,
document decisions/guidance and track thru the workbook process and
provide independent analysis of issues to determine if issues is
process or data related.
- Applies working knowledge of data collection and analysis
methods to prepare detailed financial information.
- Rate and cost analysis to support organizational funding
- Ability to train client on developed procedures.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Bachelors' Degree in business or public administration,
management, economics, math, science, engineering.
- 4 years of experience and expertise in DoD or Army logistics,
funding or system development duties.
- Must have experience at most senior levels of Army or DoD such
as HQDA, Army Commands, Army Service Component Commands, or Defense
- Applies working knowledge of data collection and analysis
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and attention to detail,
with ability to analyze and forecast trends
- Strong MS Excel, Tableau skills
- Strong interpersonal, listening, and questioning skills able to
interact effectively with senior Army Staff clients on a daily
basis. Adaptable to flexible work styles, environments, and
locations. Excellent customer relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated comfort working in a dynamic, team-based
environment with minimal supervision and direction. Must be
self-directed, extremely detail oriented, and resourceful in
completing assigned tasks and projects within assigned
- Familiarity of processes and procedures found in Army PPBE
process and DODI 5000.75, Business Systems Requirements and
- Relevant work experience in financial management
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer" all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
Keywords: Logistics Management Institute, Arlington , PPBE Data Analyst - Clearance Required, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!