Sr. Software Development Engineer
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile
consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of
products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire
tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help
Want to help shape how connected devices get to market faster?
Join the new initiative Amazon Common Software (ACS) for Devices
which launched Feb '2020 (https://developer.amazon.com/acs-devices).
ACS is software that makes it faster to develop devices that are
transforming the smart home and run Amazon services, like Alexa.
As a Software Development Engineer on the Fire OS team, you will
be part of a team that owns critical Android framework components,
services, tools, and application development frameworks - working
on projects that push the boundaries of customer-device
You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to
conceive and design innovative consumer product experiences. You
must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open
collaborative peer environment. You will participate in designing,
prototyping, and building solutions to hard problems in the Android
and Amazon ecosystem.
As part of your work, you will work closely with Amazon device
software teams, product management teams, external partner
developers, internal Amazon application developers, and Amazon
service teams to drive development from the concept stage to the
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern
language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and
design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of
new and current systems
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 6+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience in C++, or similar object oriented
- Experience with developer tools, Integrated Development
Environment (IDE) extensions preferably for VSCode
- Experience with Emulator, QEMU, hardware virtualization.
- Experience with Android SDK, build tools, NDK development
- Experience with webview, UI frameworks,
- Experience with Android/IOS app development & developer
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Ability to understand developer pain points & translate that to
- Ability to adapt to changing tech stack.
- 7-10 years experience in architecture, design & development of
- MS/Ph.D in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Flutter framework & familiarity with Dart.
- Familiarity with yocto, embedded linux environment.
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating,
scheduling and executing on committed schedules
- Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with
multiple, changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal communication skill, including verbal,
written, listening, and customer relationships
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Arlington , Sr. Software Development Engineer, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!