Sr. Network Engineer
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies
implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical
problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud
computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these
groups understand application architectures and integration
approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a
project on a trajectory to success?
Amazon Web Services Networking is searching for hands-on Senior
Network Engineer to join our network team that owns critical Amazon
Web Services IP networks for our public sector regions. The team
drives engineering, implementation, scalability, operations,
reliability, and sustainability of these next-generation networks
and works on innovative ways to automate and scale our network as
we expand. Position location can be Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA.
Our ideal candidate is hands-on, autonomous, detail oriented,
possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong
project management and time management skills, and has a successful
track record of engineering, delivering, and optimizing simple,
scalable solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced,
collaborative environment; with geographically diverse teams is
essential. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the
best engineers in the industry and help shape the direction of one
of the largest and fastest growing cloud networks in the world.
- As a senior Network Engineer working in AWS Networking, you
will have end to end ownership (design, engineering,
implementation, operations escalation) of our current and newly
developing IP networks
- Lead the engineering and evolution of highly available
ultra-scale networks, driving them from concept to launch, and
- Define and influence strategy within and outside the team
- Lead project teams to deliver impactful benefits to our
- Work closely with our network engineers and software developers
to automate network deployment and operations
- Drive operational excellence projects to improve network
performance and reliability
- Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative
- Hiring, mentoring and coaching engineers
- Review and implement changes on the network
Physical and Other Requirements:
- Must be willing to support an off-hours operations escalation
- Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and
operating efficiently under pressure.
- The ability to sit in front of computer during scheduled work
hours with appropriate breaks while maintaining a high level of
alertness and attention to detail.
- Travel to data center/network sites and Amazon/customer offices
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S.
citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI with a
Position may be located in either Herndon, VA 20170 or Seattle,
WA 98101. Relocation assistance would be offered (pending
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to
furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led
affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters
globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual
and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on
Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity)
conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our
14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse
perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 8+ years in IP networking technologies such as - BGP, OSPF,
IS-IS, MPLS, TCP, SLB, Linux/scripting (such as Python, Perl, or
Ruby, etc), network hardware and packet forwarding
- Strong network engineering, implementation, and/or operations
- Prior experience in a Linux environment
- Experience leading planning, engineering, capacity management,
operations, and/or enhancement of industry leading IP network
- Experience writing code to develop networking automation
- Bachelor's degree in Networking, Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, or related technical discipline, or Minimum 10 years
of relevant experience.
- Ability to lead and deliver complex network projects and
driving operations excellence
- Proficiency in creating software to automate network deployment
- Ability to drive and manage customer impacting network
- Ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative
- Ability to prioritize and time manage effectively.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Arlington , Sr. Network Engineer, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!