Company: Virginia Hospital Center
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right
people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations
by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees
and provides a true collaborative environment in which the
healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience
and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care
for our patients.
The objective of the Senior Accountant is to keep the Hospital's
general ledgers up to date and accurate, to prepare financial
reports and analysis from the information obtained in the ledger,
and to assist the Assistant Controller of Accounting and
Disbursements as needed.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package
includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental
insurance, and 401(k)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred
- Three years of Accounting experience required.
- Three years of Financial Software and Microsoft Excel
- Prepare monthly journal entries. All journal entries and their
supporting documentation are prepared accurately and in a time to
close the financial statements on the day designated on the monthly
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts. Schedules are prepared
monthly reconciling each account back to its supporting
documentation or subsidiary ledger. Separate folders of these
schedules and their support are kept for each account. The
schedules should be legible, easy to follow, and in a format
acceptable to the Assistant Controller of Accounting.
- Prepare monthly financial statements. The monthly financial
statement, dietary report and reports on the status of funded
depreciation are prepared accurately and in time to meet the
deadline established on the monthly Accounting calendar.
- Assist in maintaining fixed assets by updating fixed assets in
Lawson Assets Management and reconcile it to General Ledger.
- File all Federal and State Income Tax returns. Such as filing
of all 990, 990T, 1120 and Sales Tax for the Hospital.
- Prepare daily cash reconciliation and analysis of variance
using Excel. Daily download of bank statements to reconcile
Epic/Sorian cash posting and Lawson non-patient cash posting to
bank deposits. The report is prepared daily.
Keywords: Virginia Hospital Center, Arlington , Senior Accountant, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!