MTC Technical Architect - Data & AI
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Are you motivated with solving complex business and technical
problems? Are you passionate about the promise of the cloud? Are
you excited about the latest trends in Data Estate, Data Science,
machine learning, and AI? The Microsoft Technology Center (MTC)
organization in the Washington DC region is looking for an
individual that can help customers move to agile, cloud-based
solutions that are powered by the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform.
This is a very important role and key position as you'll be
engaging with all of Microsoft's most strategic Government and
Commercial enterprises in the region. We're looking for a very
experienced senior technical leader to accelerate our customers
move to modernize their data estates and to adopt ML/AI
You will win the hearts and minds of Microsoft's largest and
most strategic customers by translating abstract technical data
concepts to business value, and walking through the solution sales
process, from discovery to solution design. As a technical leader
you will help influence the future roadmap for the Microsoft Azure
Cloud data platform and play an important part in maximizing
Microsoft's long-term vision for empowering every person and
organization on the planet to achieve more.
You will work at Microsoft's state-of-the-art Technology Centers
in Reston and Arlington Virginia where you will engage customers to
showcase the latest Microsoft technologies industry solutions built
on Microsoft Azure.
This position requires knowledge in the following areas:
- 6-plus years' experience as a solutions architect (or
equivalent) in the area of data transformation, warehousing,
business intelligence, analytics, analysis, etc.
- Deep understanding of relational database concepts such as
concurrency, scalability, high availability, security and
- Proficiency in architecting data migration scenarios including
hybrid and pure cloud data solutions.
- Deep practical, hands-on experience in one or more of the
following: MPP Data platforms, Big Data solutions, Spark, NOSQL
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new data technologies and
learn quickly to enable migrating or transforming legacy customer
solution to cloud-based platform as a service.
- Ability to create actionable business insights and
visualization by using large data sets and leveraging Microsoft
Business Intelligence capabilities, including in-depth, hands-on
knowledge of warehouse architecture, analytics, reporting tools,
and SQL operational expertise.
- Experience in using software development skills using both
Microsoft tools and Open Source platforms.
- High-level expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication,
security, privacy, and compliance requirements, and experience
integrating them into cloud and hybrid solutions.
- Experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures, networking and
adjacent technologies, architecture designs, migrations, and
- Hands on experience with data or AI solutions in Azure or
competing cloud platforms
- Understanding of Data/IoT related Azure services including
emerging computing trends such as Machine Learning and Cognitive
- Experience presenting complex concepts and topics in a simple,
business value context to senior level customers.
- Experience working with Government customers on Cloud Solutions
- preferably with Azure or a competitive government cloud
- Be a self-starter who takes ownership of opportunities; works
independently, manages multiple simultaneous projects, and deals
well with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
- Have the ability and passion necessary to maintain technical
excellence with emerging technologies, including competitive
technologies, while continuing to manage customer
- Have a commitment to customer and partner satisfaction,
including internal customers, strong listening, communication and
presentation skills, and the ability to thrive in a competitive
- Be able to communicate complex concepts in a simple, business
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
This position will have the following key responsibilities:
- Based at Microsoft's upcoming Arlington VA location, or at home
per COVID status and government guidance, you will prepare and
deliver technical engagements to Microsoft's largest and most
strategic enterprise customers.
- Guide business and technical decision makers on creating
business value through Strategy Briefings, Architecture Design
Sessions, Workshops, Rapid Prototypes, and Hackathons.
- Articulate the possibilities of the Microsoft Azure Cloud with
specific emphasis on data services including Databases, Data Lakes,
Analytics, AI + Machine Learning, Internet of Things and Business
- Understand the customer's overall data estate, IT/business
priorities and success measures to design cloud-based data
architectures that meet the customer's needs.
- Apply deep technical knowledge and customer insights to create
a modern data architecture for the customer that provides increased
agility in meeting the demands of their business.
- Ensure technical viability of new projects and work with the
customer to ensure successful deployments enabling them to realize
the value of their data modernization efforts.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision
makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to
enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Work collaboratively with Microsoft account teams to determine
top engagements where you can make an impact.
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge,
keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and
share within the technical community.
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices,
connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers.
- Accelerate the customer's digital transformation journey using
Microsoft Azure SQL DB, Azure Synapse, Databricks, Cosmos DB, Big
Data, and Advanced Analytics platforms.
- Guide business and technical decision makers on creating
business value through Architecture Design Sessions, Workshops, and
Proof of Concepts.
- Propose and validate solution architecture and transfer
knowledge on best practices to Data Engineers, Architects and App
- Serve as the as a go-to technical expert in the data
modernization space for the regional sales teams.
- Deliver speaking engagements evangelizing the Microsoft Cloud
Data platform in business and technology conferences.
- Collaborate with the US and worldwide MTC community to drive
industry specific scenarios that deliver business value.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Arlington , MTC Technical Architect - Data & AI, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!