Cash Application Analyst
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Would you like the opportunity to use your cash application
expertise to help drive Amazon's flywheel? Do you want to be
involved in creating new global cash application processes, finding
creative solutions to cash application issues leveraging
technology, process improvement, change management and more?
The Global Accounts Receivable (GAR) team is seeking a
passionate and energetic Cash Application expert to help achieve
our vision to provide world-class Order-to-Cash (O2C) experience to
our internal and external customers in support of Amazon's journey
to become earth's most customer-centric company.
Cash Applicator analyst plays a critical role in enabling the
Global Cash Operations vision and strategy. They do so by ensuring
that policies, procedures and technology are correctly deployed,
understood and adopted while providing the front line teams with
the training and day to day support needed to operate smoothly and
The typical day of a cash applicator involves troubleshooting
issues and answering questions from front line employees, resolving
unidentified cash, analyzing root cause of cash application issues
and working with cross functional teams, technology and banking
partners to find scalable solutions.
The ability to self-organize and prioritize, work with global
teams, handle multiple projects and initiatives at once, work to
tight deadlines and earn the trust of stakeholders are critical to
success in this role. The ideal candidate has deep cash application
operations subject matter expertise, some experience in project
management, excellent communication and training skills, and an
innate passion for problem solving, process improvement and finance
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Timely investigating and resolving unidentified cash receipts,
including working across organizations and teams, directly with
banks and by contacting payers
- Identifying and resolving root causes of unidentified
- Work with Accounting to implement and execute controls to
ensure cash accounts are reconciled
- Support month end closing process
- Establish best practices, document standard operating
procedures and train cash application team
- Become and be recognized as subject matter expert of cash
application policies, processes, procedures and tools.
- Author, catalog and maintain up to date SOPs, process documents
and desktop procedures.
- Advocate and drive adoption of cash application tools, provide
reporting and insights and work with front line managers to address
- Represent users' needs to the tech teams and Global Process
Owners by gathering feedback, and writing and grooming user
- Conduct time studies and other efforts to measure the
efficiency of the cash application operations, the impact of
process and tools improvements and to provide feedback to floor
managers, product and tech organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years experience in program or project management
- Experience working on new product cash application product
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Experience working in a multi national organization
collaborating with global teams
- Accounting experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Arlington , Cash Application Analyst, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!