Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing
adoption of Amazon Web Services by developing the National Security
business? Do you have the business savvy and the technical
background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology
platform provider for the National Security business?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider,
providing virtual infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging,
and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a
globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of
scale. Businesses, from start-ups to enterprises, run their
operations and applications on AWS's multi-tenant infrastructure.
Governmental organizations are also looking depending on AWS for
cloud solutions and services.
World Wide Public Sector team is looking for an exceptional
Sales Execution Manager candidate to join our fast growing National
Security Sales Team to support sensitive and critical US
Intelligence Community (USIC) cloud technologies and
In the role of Sales Execution Manager, you will spend the
majority of your time driving and supporting the execution of
pipeline with the account teams, the program management office and
customers. You will have the exciting opportunity to help drive
growth and shape the future of commercial cloud adoption by
developing a strategic approach for future sales activities and
creating execution plans that increase pipeline performance and
accelerate customer adoption. You should have both a sales and
technical background that enables you to successfully manage a high
volume of activity to achieve activity-based metrics, as well as
experience establishing credibility with decision makers.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing
and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing, while
understanding and identifying opportunities for customers
- Work with partners to improve their execution and accelerate
their activities through increased customer adoption of AWS
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive territory plan
- create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Manage development of custom solutions for end customers
This role can sit in DC/VA/MD metro area.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to
furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led
affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters
globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual
and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on
Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity)
conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our
14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse
perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US
citizen. They must possess an active Secret security clearance. The
position requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain
and maintain an active TS or SCI security clearance with polygraph
and satisfy other requirements related to security.
- 6+ years of technology related sales or business development
- 4+ years of metrics and/or quota obtainment experience
- 3+ years of experience using CRM and other pipeline management
tools, such as Salesforce.com
- A Bachelor degree in business, technology, finance in
technology or relevant field of study or equivalent experience
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the TS/SCI
level with Polygraph.
- Demonstrable record of large-scale B2B/B2G sales with past
examples showing ability to structure and close large-scale
- Demonstrable record of using and/or managing business
investment programs and customer incentives to accelerate pipeline
execution and revenue attainment.
- Demonstrable Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with both
technical and non-technical individuals.
- Strong financial acumen with background in technology and/or
- Ability to forge relationships with sales leaders and reps
- Experience leveraging CRM (Salesforce.com preferred) and other
BI tools to inform sales activities.
- In-depth experience with Intelligence Community and/or DoD
Intel mission space
- Masters in a relevant field
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business,
product, and technical challenges
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.