Staff Electrical Engineer - Aviation & Federal (Arlington)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Staff Electrical Engineer will work on project teams to
create world class designs for new projects, alterations, and
redevelopments on a variety of projects including airports,
government and military facilities. The Staff Electrical Engineer
will work with the project team throughout the design and
construction process, adapting electrical plans according to budget
constraints, design factors or client needs.
- Perform electrical design of projects from the conceptual phase
through design completion.
- Modify and review production drawings for a variety of
- Design electrical components for project needs and requirements
that are set forth by the project managers.
- Applies strong knowledge of commonly used electrical
engineering/design concepts, principles, practices, codes, and
procedures within the electrical engineering services
- Research and compile project related data as required by the
- Update drawings provided by senior engineers to verify
corrections are made within multiple CAD related software.
- Compiles information for client presentations, shop drawing
review, and contract administration.
- Performs field inspections, measurements, or calculations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related degree
from an ABET accredited program.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering may be
substituted for 1 year experience.
- 3 years of electrical engineering experience, consulting
- Professional Engineering License required.
- Strong knowledge in standard engineering techniques and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative
problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking
- Proficient in standard engineering techniques and
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong computer skills include AutoCAD, MicroStation, 2D and 3D
rendering programs and other analysis programs.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building,
collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
- RCDD Preferred.
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Arlington , Staff Electrical Engineer - Aviation & Federal (Arlington), Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!