Financial Management Analyst
Company: Department of Defense
Posted on: June 8, 2021
You will serve as a FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYST in the FINANCE
DIRECTORATE of NAVY SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT ACTIVITY.
Learn more about this agency
- You will perform and provide financial support in areas such as
budget formulation, financial execution and fiscal policy
interpretation for major programs
- You will assist in the preparation and review of major budget
justification materials, such as the POM, OSD, and BES, and
President?s Budget prior to submission to the program manager,
resource sponsor and component
- You will be proficient in the area of financial execution, with
focus on the development of the program phasing and spend plans,
expenditure and accrual forecasting/reporting and the use and
limitations of multiple appropriations
- You will monitor and reconcile budget authority and program
execution, apply performance measures to identify assets,
shortfalls, cost trends and other crucial variances
- You will prepare financial status reports and execution briefs
on various complex budgeting issues and present and explain
execution/spend deviations to senior leadership
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
0501 Financial Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to
successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To
learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must
serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This
requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements
must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of
retired military members within 180 days immediately following
retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions
of 5 United States Code 3326.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or
final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to
obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in
the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition
Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). You must be certified as a
Career Field Financial Management Level I. Certification is
required within 24 months of appointment.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including
marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be
rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or
pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This is a Financial Management Level 2 certified position per
the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Section 1599d.
You must achieve this level within prescribed timelines.
Certification requirements are in DoD Instruction 1300.26.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within
three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial
Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized
experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in
the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or
public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the
1) Knowledge of an expertise with the federal budget process,
planning, programming, and Budget Execution 2) Interpret and apply
federal financial policies, rules and regulations 3) Perform
detailed analysis of financial information to include execution
forecasting, identifying cost trends and performance schedule
review 4) Effectively communicate with management, employees, and
Additional qualification information can be found from the
following Office of Personnel Management web site:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g.,
professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community,
student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies,
knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and
experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Keywords: Department of Defense, Arlington , Financial Management Analyst, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!