Senior Federal Information Systems Security Engineer
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Come join our Cerner Government Services Federal Security team.
As a Senior Federal Information Systems Security Engineer, you will
collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to analyze,
define, and validate functional and legal/regulatory system
security controls and requirements. You will conduct security
impact analysis and system risk assessments to identify potential
security threats and recommend enhancements to improve
deficiencies. You will also implement system security solutions,
perform ongoing performance audits and system maintenance, and
provide support for performance issues. If this intrigues you, we
encourage you to apply!
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with Cerner must be legally
authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment
eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Due to specific client contract requirements, this position
requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. The
client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government
security clearance card applicable for the position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with
client-facing requirements and occupational health requests,
including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu
shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an
updated drug screen.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering,
Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or related
field or equivalent relevant work experience.
- At least 5 years of Information Technology security work
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card
applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract, you will be assigned, this position
requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- At least 3 years of Federal Information Technology security
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
certification is preferred
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification is preferred
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification is
- Willing to travel up to 20% as needed
- Must be residing in or willing to relocate to Northern Virginia
or live in a virtually approved city
Keywords: Cerner, Arlington , Senior Federal Information Systems Security Engineer, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!