Software Dev Engineer
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Amazon Tax technology team is looking for passionate individuals
who love to design and build world-class internal customer-facing
interfaces and the services that make them possible. You are a
talented Software Development Engineer who is seeking an
environment where you can drive innovation? Do you have a passion
for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for
It's Day 1 in Tax Technology, and we're at the beginning of
building out an entire suite of global tax solutions. The Tax
technology team is in the early phases of design and development
and this is your chance to shape a brand new product from the
In this role you will:
- Design and build services to make customer lives better and
will be part of a new "AWS like" technology platform for Tax.
- Play a role in the definition, vision, design, roadmap and
development of a new platform from beginning to end.
- Work through all phases of the project lifecycle, including
reviewing requirements, designing services that lay foundation for
the new technology platform, building new interfaces and also
integrate with existing architectures, developing and testing code,
and delivering seamless implementations for Global Tax
- Evaluate and utilize AWS technologies where appropriate, such
as EC2, RDS/DynamoDB/RedShift, SWF, S3 and QuickSight to design and
build scalable backend web services and customer facing APIs.
- Design and code technical solutions in tools such as Java or
C#, .NET, Angular JS, React, Node.js, JQuery and/or SQL Server to
deliver value to tax customers.
- Contribute to a suite of tools that will be hosted on the AWS
- Build dashboard and visualization services.
- Work with variety of developer tools across the spectrum of
software development lifecycle.
- Build iteratively using agile methodologies.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such
as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and
design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of
new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiar with one or more coding languages like Java, C#, .NET
- Previous experience designing/coding applications requiring a
high degree of complexity
- Proven experience designing data structures that meet the
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills strongly
- Previous experience or strong desire to learn AWS technology
such as EC2, RDS/DynamoDB/RedShift, SWF, S3 and QuickSight
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be
considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various
Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial
application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your
career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters
can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Arlington , Software Dev Engineer, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!