Patient Care Representative-Primary Care/Operational Support
Company: Virginia Hospital Center
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right
people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations
by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees
and provides a true collaborative environment in which the
healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience
and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care
for our patients.
The Patient Care Representative schedules, meets, greets, and
registers patients in a friendly, courteous, and professional
manner. Answers and routes telephone calls and messages.
Coordinates insurance verifications and preauthorizations. Takes
payments and completes daily batching. Maintains medical records
and prepares charts for clinic sessions. Provides assistance as
needed to physicians, Practice Administrator, and clinical
Title: Patient Care Representative
Location: Primary Care/Operational Support
- Greets all patients in a courteous, professional manner.
- Obtains and accurately enters patient information into
- Provides registration face sheet to patients to review; make
changes as necessary in the registration system.
- Efficiently and correctly schedules patient appointments
according to departmental procedure.
- Answers the phone within three rings
- Handles multiple telephone lines with high call volumes.
Screens and routes all call appropriately.
- Files correpsondence promptly in patient charts when returned
from clinician or manager.
- College Diploma or certificate preferred.
- Two years relevant experience required.
- Knowledge of medical office or hospital scheduling systems and
electronic medical records preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office billing and
- Qualified candidates must possess excellent interpersonal
communication ability, customer service skills, and telephone
etiquette. Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment
and have the ability to organize multiple tasks and prioritize
responsibilities. Must maintain a high level of
- Must present professionally, have a pleasant personality, and
ability to communicate positively with patients and staff.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is the only Hospital in the
mid-Atlantic region that is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care
Network (a national network of independent healthcare
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized
Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest
quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70
- Named a CMS 5-Star Hospital, in 2020, based on our performance
across seven areas of quality.
- Received a Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score of A for the 16th
consecutive grading period - one of a few hospitals in the country
to achieve this level of consistency.
- Achieved Magnet re-designation by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program.
- The only Northern Virginia hospital named to Newsweek's 2020
list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals.
- 2019 release of US News and World Report hospital rankings,
received the highest ranking possible ("High Performing") in the
following areas: Aortic Valve Surgery, Colon Cancer Surgery, Heart
Bypass Surgery, Heart Failure, Hip Replacement and Knee
- VHC is a 437-bed facility.
- Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continues to attract families
who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the
nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91
percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities
including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public
parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8
libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County,
or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have
little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested
in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient
is at the center of what we do.
HOW TO APPLY?
Click the APPLY button, and you will be redirected to our
website. Once you're on the website, please complete our 2-step
application process: 1. the online application and 2. the
electronic talent assessment (multiple-choice questionnaire).
In order for your application to be valid, your electronic
talent assessment must be completed and submitted. Applicants who
only complete the application without the talent assessment won't
Keywords: Virginia Hospital Center, Arlington , Patient Care Representative-Primary Care/Operational Support, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!