We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that
benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple,
smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships
and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals,
financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their
greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture
and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We
cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects
their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that
our differences enable us to be a better team - one that makes
better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business
Information Security Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments
industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital
economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions
safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and
networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions
help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and
businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything
we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across
more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a
sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Emerging Corporate Security Solutions Architecture (CSA)
team is looking for a Lead Security Architect to join us working
out of our Arlington Virginia office. This role will be responsible
for enterprise design, security requirements, standards and
Architecture gurus live and breathe adherence to policy and
requirements. Security obsess over keeping the company safe and in
compliance. This person leverages their expertise of secure
networking combined with their unwavering commitment to security
frameworks and how they translate into enterprise solutions.
Mastercard utilizes a wide range of network and security
- Can you demonstrate a high level of expertise in information
security and secure engineering disciplines?
- Can you demonstrate an advanced working level in network and
security best practices?
- Can you advise product and operational teams on how to securely
design infrastructure platforms, applications and services
following industry best practices and enhance existing approaches
- Can you analyze a platform architecture to reduce the security
risk to an acceptable level while still providing beneficial
functionality for the end user?
- Responsible for design and implementation of security
requirements, standards and reference architectures for
incorporation into department/corporate policies and technical
- Extensive knowledge of information security principles,
theories and concepts.
- Responsible for providing security consulting, recommend policy
or strategic direction on a global scale with attention to detail
and customer focus.
- Convert business and functional requirements into technical
security policies, configurations, determine security capability
gaps/overlaps and opportunities for improvements for our internal
- Ability to manage multiple security initiatives across multiple
platforms, networks and/or applied security technologies.
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate,
and professional manner for senior leadership consumption,
escalating blocking issues when appropriate.
- Write documentation as required.
All About You:
- Experienced in security architecture concepts, design,
implementation, authentication, data protection and privacy within
the domain of infrastructure and applications.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
necessary for interaction with business leaders and teams across
all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience designing secure multi-domain Internet
- Knowledge of the security architecture of web based network
environments and secure communication between environments.
- Knowledge and technical security experience in Cryptography,
including several of the following: PKI, Digital Certificates, SSL,
Hashing, Encryption techniques, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to drive consistent and repeatable results.
- Experience with software defined networking concepts and CI/CD
- Industry recognized security certification desired.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home.
We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to
interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires
remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community
because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer
that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the
online application process, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of
accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any
medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable
Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.