ES Tech, Software Development Manager
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Amazon's Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) is looking for a
Software Development Manager to help manage Disability and Leave
Integration (DALI) product suite.
DALI products deliver leave of absence, disability and
accommodation services to Amazon employees in U.S. We are expanding
our current team, to enable case manager and employee
self-sufficiency by providing simple, intuitive self-service tools
across devices using communities, lightning, and other Salesforce
next gen technologies across 60+ countries. Driven by innovation,
our mission is to invent and simplify the customer experience. We
will extend the overall case manager, self-service strategy and
user experience for our employees and partners by integrating it
with other Amazon cross systems and platforms using AWS
technologies, content management system (CMS), and analytics
ensuring a consistent global experience.
You will own the design and delivery of DALI product suite,
support and service delivery initiatives globally to build scale,
efficiency, and a great customer experience. You will leverage your
team to provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable,
extensible, and maintainable on the Force.com platform and AWS
products. You are responsible for hiring the top talent team of
software developers, QA engineers, and manage, retain and optimize
the development team for efficiency, quality and repeatable
delivery. This role standardizes and sets high bar goals for
developers to aspire to, creates velocity through reusable
processes and designs, optimizes for speed while not forgoing
The ideal candidate should be passionate about setting the
standard for engineering excellence, building software solutions,
have strong software development and process design skills as well
as outstanding project management abilities. The candidate should
excel in both strategic thinking and tactical execution, as
responsibilities range from creating technical plans to driving
software development. You will have a demonstrated ability to think
strategically and analytically about business, product, and
technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-functionally.
A keen sense of ownership is a must. You should also be comfortable
working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with fast
delivery time, rapid iteration, and data-driven decision-making.
Ambiguity and creativity are both expected and the norm.
- Working backwards with business to define and drive creative
product features and capabilities that enhance and delight
- Instill best practices for software development and
documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver
high-quality work on tight schedules
- Lead and partner with multiple development team for successful
execution of the software solutions.
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning
and tactical execution.
- Work with software development managers, TPMs and business to
translate product/business requirements into development
specifications within the agile development process
- Establishing goals and reviewing metrics to identify
opportunities and deliver success
- Delivering results by driving execution of programs spanning
multiple teams from design to rollout.
- Translate key insights into concrete, actionable
recommendations for product improvements
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering
- Experience in partnering with product and program management
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent industry
- Able to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Creative critical thinker with experience in making
implementation trade offs.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and
solutions to all organizational levels.
- 1-2 years of experience working with Salesforce
- Strong customer focus and ability to demonstrate pragmatic
- Experience managing and leading team of senior developers and
technical program managers.
- Superior project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal
skills, high quality document and report preparation.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been
successfully delivered to customers
- General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and
proven ability to influence others
- Experience in non-technical aspects including idea generation,
and process optimization.
- Experience with agile or other program management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Arlington , ES Tech, Software Development Manager, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!