Associate, Project Controls Analyst
IDS believes in resolving conflict, building innovative
approaches to do so. Combining operational expertise with an
intimate understanding of today's greatest challenges, we bring our
customers the solutions required for success in a complex and
multidimensional world. IDS tailors solutions for a diverse range
of government, military, nonprofit, and public-sector clients.
Outstanding past performance built IDS's reputation as the
leading provider of support for multifaceted operations.
GovSource, a subsidiary of IDS International, is looking for a
Project Control Analyst to join our Arlington, Virginia office to
support our Training Division. Although the position is currently
remote, it will be in office after the pandemic. This position will
report to the head of the Training Division.
- Run project status reports and job cost transaction reports to
monitor costs and maintain project budget.
- Approve and properly classify costs charged to contracts.
- Analyze and provide cost variance reports for assigned
- Setup and maintain contract work breakdown structure and
employee time and expense entry in ERP system.
- Prepare and enter monthly cost accruals and monthly customer
- Review direct costs regularly and identify potential issues,
recommend corrective actions, and provide support to avoid errors
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related
- Minimum of two (2) years of overall related professional
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with
an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of
internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with government contracting, financial reporting,
- Knowledge of full contract-life cycle support to ensure
financial management of contracts, and GAAP and FAR
- Knowledge of policy, compliance, and risk requirements for
government contracting. Experience using financial and accounting
- The employee must be flexible regarding work hours as they will
vary based on work needs with foreign subsidiaries.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience with JAMIS Prime.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint) with significant proficiency in Excel.
GovSource benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - may vary by project site or contract
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop
computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include
reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing
recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal
format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a
workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as
speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move
moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular
and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal,
state, and local law.
If you are unable to apply through the portal and need to speak
to someone about necessary accommodations to apply, please email
email@example.com and we will follow up with you.
Do not submit resumes and applications through this email.