Company: Alutiiq LLC
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Must be a US Citizen to apply for this position:
Project Coordinator, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, &
Architectural Grade Levels: I, II, III and IV
Overview of Position:
Provide expertise, advisement, coordination and recommendations
on all phases of mechanical project development and implementation
in direct support of Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations,
Office of Facilities Management (OBO/FAC). Serve as OBO/FAC Subject
Matter Expert (SME), advice on Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and/or
Architectural engineering design reviews, project planning, space
planning, building code analysis and compliance, and construction
design reviews. Advise members of the OBO/FAC management team and
contractors to promote effective support of facilities operations,
as well as agency-specific operations.
- Serves as the principal advisor to OBO/FAC; advises on the
development and implementation of comprehensive project schedules;
and the presentation, review and tracking of approved project(s)
changes and manages the production of updated schedules.
- Develops and/or reviews planning documents; reviews design
concepts and detailed designs; conducts building code compliance
- Performs peer review of plans, specification, and technical
reports prepared by others.
- Develops cost benefit analysis; design life cycle cost
estimates; drafts scopes of work; and conducts technical and
- Works closely with OBO/FAC and post Facility Managers to ensure
contract stipulations and requirements are properly followed by all
contractors who perform maintenance and construction
activities/projects in support of OBO. Any identified concerns are
directly reported to the COR, not to another contractor. Reports to
OBO/FAC Division Chief or designated representative within OBO/FAC
or missions overseas.
- Identifies a variety of alternatives for meeting current and
anticipated project requirement and advises on how to meet project
needs from the availability of contractors and their expertise to
the employable use of local assets (i.e. USG or contract).
Recommends the most viable options and develops action plans and
strategies to implement approved options.
- Ensures that all required project actions are understood and
carried out in accordance with the decisions and directions of
senior leadership, including following up on decisions and ensuring
the completion of required actions in a timely manner.
- Advises appropriate DOS personnel on the preparation of
reports, papers, and other documents for senior leadership,
including sensitive documents for OBO-level and/or Chief of
- Ensures that all documents are well-written, in proper format,
timely, complete, and fully coordinates with other affected
organizations. Oversees/leads the production of technical
information; the development and/or review planning documents; and
maintains agreed technical and design standards.
- Develops detailed written assessments of the effectiveness of
OBO/FAC projects. Identifies areas of potential improvement in
efficiency and effectiveness and recommends specific actions to
bring about needed improvements.
- Works closely with the key stakeholders in planning complex,
high priority special projects involving OBO/FAC and post Facility
Management; coordinates the involvement of Mechanical, Electrical,
Civil and/or Architectural and specialty disciplines; and provides
support in project planning, review, bid, and construction
- Enlists the support of other staff as necessary to accomplish
project objectives within the established timeframes.
- Ensures all project objectives are met and that resulting
recommendations for action are sound and practical and include
implementation plans. Follows up to ensure that approved
recommendations are successfully implemented.
- Provides technical guidance and advice to employees assigned to
OBO/FAC. Performs annual training as required for efficiency and
- Develops and trains personnel on project functions.
Clearance Level: The clearance level (Secret or TS) will be
identified in the task order request.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Required Qualifications: The Project Coordinator - Mechanical,
Elect, Civil, Architectural (Levels I, II, III, and IV) shall meet
the below qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree. However, a Masters License in the required
discipline will be considered if able to meet all other
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Project.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license to operate Mission
- Must have strong graphic and visualization skills with
proficiency in AutoCAD and other visualization software.
- Experience with project management concepts, methods, and best
practices to provide expert guidance to OBO/FAC and post Facility
Management in meeting short and long term operational requirements
and experienced in developing plans and construction
- Experience with the full range of principles, concepts,
methods, and practices in project management required to oversee
the planning and execution of mechanical projects and to ensure
coordination with other related activities.
- Knowledge of regulations governing the acquisition of
equipment, personnel, and supplies required to support Embassy
- Ability to manage critical, time sensitive projects that
require extensive coordination across program and organizational
lines within the Mission, the Department, and with other USG
agencies and non-governmental and private organizations and the
efficient management of assigned resources including government and
contractor staff needed.
- Ability to take decisive action and obtain consensus on
operational requirements on behalf of management.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals in garnering
cooperation and support for key planning, operations, and
management initiatives in the assigned program area.
- Ability to provide guidance and work effectively,
cooperatively, and harmoniously in a multidisciplinary team
environment under considerable stress and tight deadlines, and with
minimal supervision in meeting demands associated with a high
profile, results-driven activity.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
to plan, organize, coordinate, and oversee operations, provide
advice and guidance, reconcile conflicting viewpoints, negotiate
agreements with various stakeholders, resolve complex and often
controversial technical and management issues, and represent
Facilities in a variety of forums.
- Additionally, broken down by Level, the Project Coordinator is
required to meet the below qualifications.
- 1 to 2 years
- II 2 to 4 years
- III 4 to 7 years
- IV 7+ years
Desired Qualifications: a) Bachelor's degree in Mechanical,
Electrical, Civil and/or Architectural discipline is preferred.
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries
are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Alutiiq LLC, Arlington , Project Coordinator, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!