Phlebotomist Clerk PRN
Company: Virginia Hospital Center
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right
people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations
by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees
and provides a true collaborative environment in which the
healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience
and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care
for our patients.
The major duty of this position is the collection of blood
specimens for Laboratory testing. The majority of patients drawn
are inpatients but the staff is cross-trained to assist in other
areas. In addition to phlebotomy some computer work is
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- One year of Healthcare/Medical-Phlebotomy experience
- One year of Hospital and Computer experience preferred.
- Assists with patients who have difficult veins in the
- Ability to perform skin test and read corresponding results
after 48-72 hours.
- Give laboratory results to physicians' offices and nursing
units when requested.
- Keeps tubes labeled and shelves stocked with equipments.
- Keeps the Venipuncture Station, carts, venipuncture baskets
clean, neat and orderly.
- Correctly enters information into computer.
- Answers and responds to telephone requests for specimen
- Informs appropriate personnel promptly when supplies and
supplies of reagents are low or about to expire.
Keywords: Virginia Hospital Center, Arlington , Phlebotomist Clerk PRN, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!