Security Sales Engineer
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
What you will do
Primary responsibilities are threefold; to provide technical
sales support to the security sales organization including
technical presentations and proposal development; assist in the
solution design and architecture design of building security
systems (i.e., IDS, EECS, CCTV, MNS, data networks, etc.) at
federal government sites, and provide detailed information and
submittals to communicate design and operation to customers,
consultants, field installation teams, and subcontractors. This
person will possess the technical skills to understand how
solutions integrate and how to effectively communicate to both
technical and non-technical buyers.
Location: Will primarily support the Washington D.C. Metro and
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
How you will do it
- Support Johnson Controls security sellers and business
development teams in technical engagements of sales-qualified-leads
and sales proposal development.
- Conduct facility on-site assessments, gather appropriate
building configuration and floorplan layouts, and collate all data
and documentation required for proposal response.
- Actively participate in and lead customer presentations and
systems demonstrations utilizing technical knowledge, sales skills
and business acumen to assist in driving opportunities that create
- Design and configure technically functional security systems as
defined by contract documents. Ability to develop detailed
technical approach narratives to include advantages of selected
solutions and differentiators to other potential bidders.
- Create drawing packages TDP (technical data packages), sequence
of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical
- Coordinate and create necessary drawings and equipment
schedules for submittals and installation.
- Work with Field Operations teams to ensure proper application
of systems products to meet customer expectations.
- Potentially assist in product setup, coordination and support
of JCI product demonstrations, industry shows and exhibitions.
- Conduct market research on the upcoming technologies expected
to impact the Federal security business and maintain an
understanding of existing account base needs and gaps.
- Ensure the use of JCI Policies and Procedures in all aspects of
project preparation and implementation.
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Sales/Marketing and/or other
related field equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Electronic Security System (ESS)
industry (Intrusion Detection Systems, Access Controls, CCTV,
etc.). Five (5) or more years preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of security alarm
- Experience with pre-sales development of security projects
(audits, surveys, cost estimates, etc.)
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to a non-technical
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Technical
writing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills, particularly
computer-related drafting tools. AutoCAD strongly preferred.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security
clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal
history, employment, and credit check.)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Who we are
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100
years, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures
products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building
technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military
installations worldwide. With the largest portfolio of building
technologies and solutions in the world, the Johnson Controls team
is passionate about designing, constructing, and maintaining
energy, water, utility savings, fire, and security projects at
various federal and military sites around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and
the systems and products we work with please check out our "take a
journey" video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status,
status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other
characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view
EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you
require an accommodation during the application process, please
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Arlington , Security Sales Engineer, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!