This position’s efforts will support the Deputy Assistant
Secretary of Defense (DASD) for Health Services and Policy
Oversight (HSP&O) and the Director, Defense Health Agency
(DHA), in their missions of policy and program development and
oversight of the Disability Evaluation System (DES), the Special
Compensation for Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
(SCAADL), the Physical Disability Board of Review, and the
Compensation and Benefits Handbook. This work will facilitate the
Military Departments’ integrated delivery of services and benefits
for wounded, injured and ill Service members who may be physically
unfit to continue their military service and will support efforts
to minimize the impact this population has on the readiness and
lethality of the force.
This position will provide technical expertise to support and
assist the development, assessment, and evaluation of the Warrior
Care and Transition Program (WCTP) and Special Compensation for
Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (SCAADL) Program.
Routine activities include the following:
· Research and analyze military department DES and SCAADL
program compliance with DoD strategic and operational policies,
procedures and other forms of guidance.
· Review new or amended federal laws or regulations, court
rulings, VA policies and other sources for impact on DES, SCAADL
and disability board of review policies.
· Review program performance against established goals and
indicators determined by government and develop recommended courses
of action to benefit the programs performance.
· Preparing statistical analyses and evaluation of program
performance in regards to various operations of the SCAADL program
and Compensation policies.
· Assist in the development and updating of the Compensation and
· Oversee and provide quality assurance of research to support
government personnel as they prepare to brief and/or provide
written reports to stakeholders related to DES, SCAADL and relevant
· Lead and oversee data quality monitoring of all program
related systems and report deficiencies for attention.
· Lead efforts to develop, refine and generate standing and
frequent ad hoc reports using DoD approved analyst software to
analyze and report on large data sets originating from multiple
data sources. Provide quality assurance of all products and
· Analyze and execute data analysis to best meet the needs of
· Complete government provided training as assigned.
· Demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism and
personal integrity in all communications.
Preferred Qualifications: 10 years professional
experience. Previous experience with JDES, SCAADL and/or service
compensation programs highly desired. Management experience
· Clearance: Background Investigation: Public Trust - Favorable
· Minimum 8 years professional experience with SharePoint,
Microsoft Office Suite (to include Excel), Visio (diagramming and
vector graphics application) and data analysis software.
Security Requirements: Clearance: Background Investigation:
Public Trust - Favorable adjudicated required
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation
and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s
degree strongly desired.
Compensation/SCAADL Analyst, Senior
GED, High School
Certifications - Required
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.