Posted on: May 4, 2021
The Leidos Maritime Systems Division (MSD) in Arlington, VA, is
currently seeking a qualified, energetic acoustician or ocean
scientist to fill the position of Scientist – Acoustics & Signal
Processing. The job of the Acoustician/Signal Processor is to
develop and deploy advanced technology solutions that address
existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for
a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense,
Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial
clients. The qualified candidate will perform ocean
acoustic/signal processing system research, development and
application with increasingly complex operational assignments. MSD
is an industry leader in developing, applying, and advancing the
state of the art technologies for maritime C4ISR systems including
distributed netted sensor systems, communications systems,
position, navigation and timing (PNT) systems, tactical decision
systems, and autonomous unmanned platforms. Leidos maritime
systems are addressing complex mission requirements and pioneering
impressive firsts in the application of novel physical insights
translated into advanced signal processing solutions applied to the
full range of maritime missions. The MSD team includes an
outstanding group engineers and scientists who are engaged in these
activities in support of a broad range of activities ranging from
advanced prototype development for DARPA, ONR and other S&T
customers to support for ongoing Navy missions. The
successful applicant will become part of a world-class team that is
a recognized leader in maritime systems development. Some
travel required, as well as the opportunity for time at
- Provide leadership and technical support on direct customer
- Active participation in new customer development efforts and
new business generation.
- Active participation in technical, academic and standards
communities relevant to ocean acoustics, signal and array
processing for sensing, communications, PNT, and/or unmanned
- Leads, and/or collaborates with MSD managers and other
technical leads to support capture efforts.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Physics, Oceanography, Acoustics,
Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or other relevant field
required with 6+ years of experience, or Bachelor’s degree with 10+
years of related experience.
- Expertise in Matlab programming is required.
- Effectively contribute to team projects
- Expertise in typical ocean acoustic modeling packages and
acoustic signal processing techniques
- Contribute to the successful capture of competitive Navy, DARPA
and other procurements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with
excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Successfully completed coursework in oceanography and maritime
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of
Defense (DoD) SECRET clearance
- Expertise in Python
- Active TOP SECRET clearance.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Arlington , Acoustician/Signal Processor, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!