Company: Louis Berger
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Louis Berger Services is currently seeking a qualified
Maintenance Operations Engineer to fill a full-time role in the
Arlington, VA area.
**This position is contingent upon award of contract.**
- Supervises and evaluates the work of subordinates and
effectively recommends personnel actions related to selection,
performance, leaves of absence, grievances, work schedules and
assignments, disciplinary procedures and administers personnel and
related policies and procedures.
- Determines project-wide maintenance operations work programs
and objectives, maintenance programs, material needs, staffing
resources to insure work stays within the confines of the allocated
budget as a part of the Maintenance Management Team; monitors and
controls budget expenditures within the assigned area.
- Uses computers to keep track of schedule and budget on a weekly
- Assigns and explains work assignments to lead workers and
program specialists for new or changed programs, functions, goals
and processes; establishes operating guidelines to implement
- Inspects highways within an assigned area to determine the
maintenance needs of surfaces, shoulders, structures, drainage
facilities, signs, and right-of-way areas; assigns employees
routine maintenance or repair activities; reports major
deficiencies to Program Manager.
- Reviews and approves work plans by reviewing equipment
maintenance and operation maintenance records, equipment
depreciation schedule and operating expenses; reviews and approves
plans for the storage and use of aggregates, bituminous materials,
and other materials required for the maintenance and repair of
highways and roads.
- Completes reports relating to maintenance and repair
activities, recording the amount of time required for each
activity, number and type of employees utilized for the repair, the
amount and type of materials necessary to complete the repairs and
the location and type of roadway repaired.
- Able to operate various highway maintenance equipment such as,
but not limited to, tractors, dozers, loaders, trucks and graders
performing highway maintenance duties; oversees material usage in
the field and ensures crew is addressing the assigned operations
properly; maintains records of the quantities of supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned by management and or required
in emergency situations.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree with P.E. preferred
- Experience equal to five years of full-time highway maintenance
work, highway construction work or highway materials inspections
work; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience
substituting one year (thirty semester hours or the equivalent) of
college or technical school coursework in business administration,
construction technology/management, or engineering for one year of
the required experience to a maximum substitution of four
- Temporary Traffic Control (TTC) Certification, Advanced level
- Knowledge of the organizational structure, functions,
procedures and applicable regulatory requirements of the Department
of Transportation and contract documents.
- Knowledge of source materials and guidelines which can be used
to resolve problems encountered not covered by precedent
- Knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools, and
equipment used in highway maintenance work.
- Knowledge of the federal, state and departmental regulations
applicable to the work, such as the proper use of safety equipment
(i.e., shoes, hard hats, goggles, etc.) equipment operation, and
- Knowledge of elementary engineering principles and practices
involved in highway maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of the effects weather conditions have on road
surfaces (i.e., expansion, contraction, deterioration, erosion,
etc.) and the extent these conditions effect the safe movement of
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions
applicable to the work.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to proper
placement of signs and placards within and along the highway right
- Ability to plan, direct and supervise the work of
- Ability to access road conditions, hazards, and surface
deterioration in order to determine the need for repair or
- Ability to establish program objectives or performance goals
and to assess progress toward their achievement.
- Ability to objectively evaluate facts, situations and
- Ability to analyze MRP reports of road conditions, hazards, and
surface deterioration in order to determine need for repair or
- Ability to plan, prepare, and monitor budget expenditures in
order to ensure a complete and efficient highway maintenance
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions,
day or night, in normal and emergency situations.
- Ability to drive vehicles in a safe and conscientious
- Ability to drive equipment with a manual transmission and
- Ability to climb, kneel, crouch, crawl, stoop and twist and
perform duties using appropriate tools and equipment within safety
- Ability to walk over uneven ground.
- Ability to accurately perform mathematic calculations.
- Ability to operate computers and/or other electronic devices
and use programs/applications to conduct business.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written
directions/instructions given in English.
- Displays high standards of ethical conduct. Refrains from
- Works and communicates with all clients and customers providing
polite, quality professional service.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, attention to
detail and commitment by completing assignments efficiently with
- Follows policy, cooperates with supervisors and aligns behavior
with the goals of the organization.
Keywords: Louis Berger, Arlington , Operations Engineer, Other , arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!