The Group Fitness Instructor provides cutting-edge group fitness
instruction through a variety of entertaining, educational, and fun
classes promoting fitness and positive self-esteem in a safe
environment. They act as a fitness resource for class participants
and maintains positive relationships with members to encourage
continued class attendance. The Group Fitness Instructor is
responsible for consistently meeting daily class attendance goals
as well as effectively promote Life Time Fitness programs, products
As a Group Fitness Instructor at Life Time, you have the
opportunity to instruct a variety of group fitness formats.
Barbell Strength: lead your classes through muscular strength
and endurance exercises using Iron Grip strength equipment with the
hottest new music.
LifeBarre : balance power and grace in this full-body workout as
you perform classic ballet moves, such as plies and port de bras,
along with Pilates and traditional conditioning exercises.
Warrior Sculpt: release your inner warrior and help your
students discover theirs. This soulful-yet-fierce fusion of yoga
and weights provides dynamic strength training through fast-moving,
athletic movements with the room temperature set to sweat.
Xtreme : a reinvention of the original TCX. Move through
progressive drills that feature explosive, dynamic, cardio-heavy
movements that build with intensity, work each muscle group and
emphasize recovery throughout.
Strike : challenge hundreds of people each day to train mean to
get lean using intense full-body intervals that blend traditional
kickboxing combos with exciting athletic drills.
Kettlebell Kombine : bring your energy as you lead a combination
of cardio and strength-training exercises to improve athletic
performance and strengthen the entire body - using only a
kettlebell and your body weight.
Gluteus Maxout : focus on movements that target and strengthen
the muscles in and around your legs and glutes, with a little
cardio included throughout to challenge your aerobic capacity.
In addition to these cutting edge formats, we also cast for
Instructors to lead Aqua, Dance and other general group fitness
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops positive relationships with class participants by
teaching a variety of challenging and entertaining group fitness
- Educates class participants on correct form and alternative
moves during the fitness routine
- Attentively listens to members, answer questions, and engage in
conversation before and after classes
- Cleans and organizes studio space after each Group Fitness
- Provides current music for each class that entertains and
motivates while ensuring appropriate language
- Promotes Life Time Fitness promotions, programs, products, and
services while specifically encouraging participation for Group
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 or more years of fitness instructor work experience
- CPR/AED Certification
- Minimum of one of the following Group Exercise Certifications:
National Association of Sports Medicine (NASM), American Council of
Exercise (ACE), American Fitness Aerobic Association (AFAA),
Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA)
- Ability to perform an aerobic activity for duration of a class,
which may include, but not limited to, standing, walking, climbing,
balancing, running, crawling, and kneeling
- Ability to routinely lift 50 pounds and occasionally 100
- Ability to perform exercises specific to the assigned