Curriculum Specialist/Instructional Designer II
Company: Alex Alternative Experts, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Proven processes. Proven people. Proven performance by a
trusted, award-winning solutions provider and partner.
Title: Curriculum Specialist/Instructional Designer II
Location: Arlington, VA
Clearance Level: None (Must be able to obtain & maintain
eligibility requirements for either a secret clearance or a public
The Curriculum Specialist/Instructional Designer II requires
proven expertise serving as curriculum/instructional designer of
classroom courses and informal training products in a corporate
training environment, demonstrate sound instructional principles,
strategies and techniques for adult learners. The successful
candidate will have:
- Proven expertise serving as curriculum/instructional designer
of classroom courses and informal training products in a corporate
training environment that demonstrate sound instructional
principles, strategies and techniques for adult learners.
Experience conducting needs assessment and analysis, designing
appropriate instructional approach, and working on a team to
design, develop, pilot, implement, and evaluate training for an
adult, professional audience.
- Knowledge of learning theories and their application to
- Experience with Curriculum Development / Maintenance, i.e.,
developing and revising/updating courses and informal training
products that use a range of methods, from lecture-based to
experiential, as appropriate to the content, learning objectives,
and associated KSAs (Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes), with the
goal of structuring the learning experience so that it results in
transformation - deep, nuanced understanding and dramatically
- Experience with appropriate integration of educational
technologies and continuous learning techniques to enhance the
learning experience, maximize achievement of learning objectives,
and facilitate transfer of learning to the workplace or personal
setting, as appropriate to the course goals.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with Subject Matter Expert/s
(SME) to conduct needs/audience analysis; develop training
objectives, evaluation strategy, and course/product outline; design
course/product content; develop scaffolded, interactive course
activities and assessment items. This includes compiling and
organizing information, and writing and editing instructional
materials to adapt policies and procedures, regulations, reference
documents, and raw materials into clear, effective, interactive,
and experiential training.
- Experience in designing and leading facilitation sessions with
all participants in the curriculum development cycle, for the
purposes of needs assessment, design, development, implementation,
and evaluation of courses and programs.
- Experience integrating formative assessment throughout the
course design, both to ensure that learners are able to track their
progress and that instructional staff are able to measure the
extent to which learning is progressing as intended. Experience
with the appropriate use of checklists and rubrics for
performance-based assessment, as well as quizzes and tests for
assessment of developing knowledge.
- Significant, proven experience as a member of a team and a team
leader; positive interpersonal skills and a customer-service
orientation, particularly with clients from a wide variety of
- Ability to design needs assessments and survey questionnaires
used to gather data on training needs, reactions, application and
- Experience in blending learning design valued.
- Experience in experiential learning, gaming and/or simulations
- Experience integrating flipped design methods valued.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Fluency in the English Language.
- 7 years of experience in curriculum/instructional design (or 2
years of experience plus MS/MA or higher).
- Curriculum/instructional design experience should include
foreign affairs, tradecraft, foreign language, leadership, or
applications/IT systems training.
- Superior organization skills with a high level of attention to
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to interact effectively in a multicultural
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to follow technical direction; work independently and
as part of a team.
- The ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office business
applications software sufficient to meet the needs of their
specific position (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Teams,
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Work experience in an educational or training institute.
- Skills or experience relevant to the particular training
division that the contractor is being proposed to support (e.g.
foreign language skills in SLS or regional experience in
Education and Certifications:
- High School Diploma Required, MS/MA degree preferred.
Keywords: Alex Alternative Experts, Inc., Arlington , Curriculum Specialist/Instructional Designer II, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!