Space Policy Support (Subject Matter Expert)
Company: JCS Solutions LLC
Posted on: February 20, 2021
- Work independently on assigned projects, reporting back to
leadership as appropriate with updates and recommendations for
guidance and direction.
- Provide staff packages in space-related areas including policy,
strategy, operations, requirements, and programmatic efforts within
- Represent USD (I&S) positions and equities in all space
policy, strategy, operations, and programming efforts including
capability based assessments (CBA), Congressionally directed
actions (CDA), Interagency policy committees, DoD and IC studies,
and other efforts as applicable.
- Conduct research and analysis; draft formal positions; review
and analyze documents; prepare briefs, talking papers, memoranda,
and letters in the form of senior leadership decision staff
packages, and other duties as required.
- Perform technical studies and analyses, document reviews, and
budgetary reviews related to space ISR systems, architectures, and
requirements related to the Battlespace Awareness and Security
- Provide national security recommendations to facilitate
government direction, policy guidance, acquisition oversight and
programmatic recommendations, for ISR programs supporting the DoD
and the Intelligence Community (IC).
- Support OUSD(I&S) interaction with Congress including
assisting in the drafting of testimony, drafting of responses to
Congressionally directed actions, and drafting appeals to related
Congressional budget marks.
- Provide analysis of BA, ISR, and commercial; space programs for
compliance with OSD policy and provide recommendations to ensure
efficient use of MIP and NIP funding.
- Assist in the government's development of policy and planning
guidance to Defense intelligence components through relevant
chapters of the Defense Planning Guidance and the USD(I&S)/DNI
Consolidated Intelligence Guidance (CIG) for the NIP and MIP.
- Conduct and/or participate in directed studies, workgroups,
program reviews, integrated product teams (IPT), OSD Policy and
ODNI forums on commercial space, Joint Staff functional capability
boards, and associated activities that assess policy and
acquisition development options for satisfying new requirements,
plans, systems, or policies and provide specific technical
evaluations and process improvements to optimize the activities or
- Assist as needed in the coordination and staffing that supports
the daily execution of the overall BA portfolio ensuring consistent
OUSD(I&S) positions with Service, Joint and OSD staffs across
affected functional areas.
- Prepare materials for the director and deputy directors of
Battlespace Awareness and Security Programs (BASP), the DDI
(SP&R), and the USD(I&S) as directed.
- United States citizenship is required
- Security Clearance: TS/SCI
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree
- May require local or CONUS travel
- Experience: 10 years of experience of which a minimum of five
years must be specialized in working with OSD (Space Policy), ODNI,
or Joint Staff on commercial space licensing with emphasis on the
- DAWIA Level II certification (or equivalent experience)
- Understanding of the Requirements Process (JCIDS), PPBES, and
DoD Acquisition Process
- Functional requirements analysis and development of ISR
- Deep knowledge of ISR Systems and Capabilities
- Process re-engineering for ISR systems and PED processes
- Examination of science and technology impacts
- Quick-turn technical analyses of ISR capabilities using
modeling and simulation
- Expert in technical analysis of ISR system performance and
simulation of ISR
- Operational requirements and plans
- Analysis of operational needs and gaps
- Budgetary analysis at the PE/Program level
- Cost-benefit analysis of the BA Portfolio
- Strategic planning for ISR capability acquisition
About JCS Solutions LLC
JCS Solutions LLC is an IT Government Contracting company dedicated
to providing the highest quality of services and solutions. Our
employees enjoy a work culture that promotes innovation, and we've
been certified as a Great Place to Work!
JCS Solutions LLC benefits include 401k retirement plans, paid time
off, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life
insurance, long term disability, short term disability, and
opportunities for professional development.
It is JCS's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin,
citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure,
marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military
status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
If you require additional accommodation, please contact us at or
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: JCS Solutions LLC, Arlington , Space Policy Support (Subject Matter Expert), Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!