Mid Level Data Scientist
Company: Artlin Consulting
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Artlin Consulting is seeking high energy individuals who are
passionate about helping clients achieve process excellence.
Qualified candidates will have a creative, holistic, and systematic
approach to problem-solving. This position supports the our client
at the Department of Defense.The Data Scientist works in a
highly-collaborative, team-oriented office environment. The
candidate must be comfortable sharing ideas and contributing to
team efforts. This is not a software development position, but an
analytics position. The Data Scientist will deliver creative and
quality analytics products to our leadership. Desired products will
include new and creative processes,modeling and statistical
approaches, and visualizations.Primary Responsibilities:
- Leverage data science and analytics expertise to
collaboratively develop new analytic products, and provide our
client's workforce with templates and reporting guidelines to
enable them to recreate data products and visualizations in line
with industry best practices.
- Leverage technical and analytical expertise to explore and
examine data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of
discovering patterns and previously hidden insights, providing
process efficiencies, or addressing a pressing business problem.
- Support the development of new data analytic products and
brainstorm solutions for better data metrics, visualizations, and
improvements to existing data systems within the organization.
- Support efforts to develop useful metrics and visualizations of
complex topics in a way that is easy to understand and successfully
aggregates content without losing important meaning.
- Communicate effectively with senior leaders to shape and
elaborate on approaches to improve data quality, data goals and
initiatives, as well as how to measure progress on those
- Effectively collaborate with other team members to solve
strategic and data problems creatively, synthesizing new solutions
from disparate inputs.
- Support and facilitate working-level meetings and projects that
further efforts to collaborate on creative solutions to improve our
access to important data and support decision-makers across the
Department in the near-term and long-term.
- Effectively work with functional strategy analysts in the
office and throughout the organization to develop measurable and
useful metrics for each strategic initiative, with the intent to
help our client become more data-driven
- Identify and support key near-term actions to establish a
foundation from which to augment our existing data infrastructure
and analytic capabilities, protect data assets, and enable the
organization to use and understand data.
- Help improve data literacy within the organization, leveraging
best practices for identifying and addressing data quality concerns
as well as opportunities to train the broader workforce to better
utilize the data they have.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters Preferred) in a related field.
- Must have minimum of a SECRET clearance.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience leveraging data analytics
skills to solve problems in a professional environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to evolving priorities and urgent
- Demonstrated history of excelling in team-oriented
environments, and quickly learning and/or adapting to new
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing large, complex data sets.
Ability to perform data quality analysis using formulas in Excel
- Experience performing quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Ability to clearly explain complex scenarios to technical and
non-technical team members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to deliver on tight
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to be resourceful and take
- Demonstrated situational awareness and professionalism.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with
experience exercising maturejudgmentDesirable Qualifications:
- 2+ years of data analysis experience.
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters Preferred) in data science, computer
science, business analytics, or a related field.
- Experience with DoD or Federal Government and software
constraints associated.Tools and Proficiency Level:
- Required: Excellent Microsoft Office skills, with advanced
skills in Excel, such as ability to create Pivot Tables and perform
- Required: Proficiency in Python and/or R languages.
- Desired: Demonstrated ability using Python and/or R languages
to solve data analytics problems in a professional environment.
- Desired: Demonstrated experience with MS Access, SQL, or other
- Desired: Demonstrated experience with business intelligence and
analytics software platforms to include: Qlik, Tableau, Alteryx,
SPSS Modeler, etc.
- Desired: Moderate to advanced SharePoint abilities.Artlin
Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Artlin Consulting, Arlington , Mid Level Data Scientist, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!