Raytheon Technologies NASA EED-2 Program is seeking an Principal
Cloud Developer to work in a fast-paced Agile development
environment performing operations, design, and development for the
NASA Earthdata Cloud. Earthdata Cloud is a core capability in NASAs
Earth Observing System Data Information System (EOSDIS), which
provides end-to-end capabilities for managing NASAs Earth science
data from various sources satellites, aircraft, field measurements,
and other programs.
As an Principal Cloud Developer on the Raytheon Technologies
EED-2 team, you will ensure adherence to operational agreements and
polices (including response times), compliance to program and NASA
standards and requirements (including Section 508 compliance),
leveraging of industry best practices for automation and
scalability of assets, and implementation of issue detection and
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills :
* Bachelor degree and at least 10 years of engineering
* Knowledge and understanding of application hosting, with 5
years of experience using Cloud Services in an Infrastructure as a
Service (IAAS) or Platform as Service (PAAS) environment.
* In-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), including
networking and serverless services such as Lambda and Step
* 3-5 years of programming / scripting experience in C++, BASH,
Python, Java and Java script particularly within an Agile
* Experience in supporting infrastructures and operations using
DevOps automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform.
Focus on high availability of hardware, data replication, and
provide real-time recovery in failure situations
* Familiar with core suite of AWS services related to DevOps,
with particular depth in those that are heavily used when providing
DevOps automation solutions, including the Management and
Deployment services such as Terraform and IAM
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good
experience in preparing IT technical documents.
* A strong desire to automate processes, build software tools,
and create infrastructure-as-code solutions in a DevOps
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills :
* Experience with the UNIX OS.
* Experience with full life cycle Software design and
development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server
Required Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science,
Engineering, or related technical field
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain
any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.