Company: The Conservation Fund
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Conservation Fund
TITLE: Paralegal AssistantLINE OF BUSINESS/DIVISION: LegalFLSA
STATUS: ExemptREPORTS TO: Regional CounselNUMBER OF POSITIONS
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: NoneLOCATION: Arlington, VA POSITION
SUMMARYThe Paralegal Assistant is responsible for providing support
to the Fund's Legal Department. The Paralegal Assistant will be
responsible for assisting with real estate closings, drafting
correspondence, Legal Department file setup and management,
interfacing with title companies, coordinating payment of real
estate taxes, and other assistance. The Paralegal Assistant reports
to the Regional Counsel but works as a team member with the entire
Legal Department and Conservation Loans Program.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19
vaccination or booster by date of hire to be considered. Proof of
vaccination required. RESPONSIBLITIES & SCOPE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Closings. 1) Assist the Legal Department with due diligence for
real estate transactions, preparation of closing documents for
transactions, and communications with title companies. 2) Track and
complete post-closing activities, including legal file completion
and as applicable receipt of recorded documents.
- Real Estate Documentation. Prepare a variety of documents
related to the acquisition and disposition of interests in real
estate, including but not limited to letters of escrow instruction,
general correspondence and other types of documents associated with
the acquisition and disposition of real estate; assist with the
preparation of contracts of sale, deeds, and conservation
- File Management. Open, organize, and maintain legal documents
from multiple Legal staff members.
- Serve as the organization's lead resource in the proper
accounting for gifts, pledges, and other revenue transactions.
- Taxes. Receive, organize, track and arrangement for payment of
real estate taxes
- Board Resolutions. Assist with the preparation of resolutions
to be considered by the Fund's Board of Directors.
- Other. Other duties as assigned. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years relevant real estate experience.
- Good written communication, interpersonal and organizational
- Diligence and high attention to detail in completing
- Strong capability and initiative to complete projects without
- Ability to work with and take direction from a wide range of
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Adobe
- Interest in conservation and commitment to the Fund's mission.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree and paralegal certificate preferred but not
required. WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work is performed primarily in office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in
- Estimated travel - 0 % COMPENSATION and BENEFITSThis position
offers a competitive salary, opportunities to earn
performance-based bonus compensation and a highly competitive
package of benefits including employer contributions for health
care, paid holidays, vacation and personal/sick leave, retirement
plan and more. This job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be
assigned at any time, with or without notice. ***To apply, please
submit cover letter and resume with application***Apply at
https://www.conservationfund.org/careers. To learn more about The
Conservation Fund, visit https://www.conservationfund.org. The
Conservation Fund, a nonprofit corporation, is an Equal Opportunity
Employer that fully and actively supports equal access for all
people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National
Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing,
Family and Medical Leave status, Sexual Orientation and Gender
Identity or Expression. The Fund prohibits retaliation against
individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to
the employer or the government, or against any individuals who
assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or
otherwise oppose discrimination.
Keywords: The Conservation Fund, Arlington , Paralegal Assistant, Legal , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!